Young Justice, anyone?

DarthFreeza

[1]Aug 10, 2013
    • level: 23

Okay, so I'm a bit late with this consider the show ended in May. But I was curious if anybody around her has watched the animated series, Young Justice?

I didn't start watching until season 2. But once I started I went back and watched from the beginning. Honestly, I think it was on par with Batman: The Animated Series in terms of sheer greatness. And that it blows all of the other DC shows we've seen so far out of the water.

Too bad it didn't really catch on while it was airing. I hadn't even heard much about it until the premier of season 2.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jwgrlrrajn

[2]Aug 10, 2013
    It was good. I liked Justice League better, but this was top notch. My only complaint was the time skip in season two. It was very jarring.

RaizenYusuke

[3]Aug 10, 2013
    • level: 28
    I loved it. Greg Wiseman and his crew usually do good work. I prefer season 1 over 2, but once I got use to the time skip it was good. Season 2 did reduce the character development to fewer characters than the first one. Cartoon Network screwed up the scheduling and airing. They had 2 six months break in one season. Last year they started airing new episodes in September and after the 2nd episode CN took it off air and aired new episodes in January at the very last minute that the creators and tv listings didn't even know. It contributed to the death of the show.

DarthFreeza

[4]Aug 16, 2013

Cartoon Network definitely hurt the show with the constant delays and hiatuses.

And I can certainly see how the time skip turned off a lot of viewers (I, myself, was also very wary of it at first). But after re-watching both seasons without scheduling delays a la Cartoon Network, I'm really starting to appreciate Young Justice more than I did while it was on the air.

Not really a fan of its two replacements thusfar.

RaizenYusuke

[5]Aug 17, 2013
    • level: 28

I've only seen the first episode of Beware the Batman. I keep forgetting about it. I would have liked a new Superman movie as oppose to another Batman series to be honest. Hate it or love it I thought Green Lantern was the right step in branching out to other DC superheroes who weren't Batman or Superman. I don't really have a opinion of BtBM yet. I do feel Batman is getting a little played out.

I respect the writers for Beware for using lesser known villains instead of the most iconic for at least trying to be different. It has some things I like such as Alfred's military background being used (although I'm not sure if I like thebodyguard angle as oppose to father figure/friend). What I would have liked in a new Batman series to use theDick Batman era. I would have liked to see Dick and Damien as Batman and Robin as a series. I'm weird like that.

Young Justice game is supposed to come out and bridge the gap between season 1 and season 2. I'm wondering what the storyline will be. There were a lot of heroes to show up in-between the 5 year time-skip. Wiseman said Troia aka Donna Troy (the original Wonder Girl) joined the team along with Captain Marvel Jr. and Mary Marvel and more.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/youngjustice/backstage/interview12.php

I wonder if they'll expand on that more within the video game. I wish CN waited for the video game before they cancelled it. The sells might have saved the show.

-batmat-

[6]Aug 22, 2013
    • level: 22
    I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes of Young Justice, and I didn't find it interesting at all.... maybe it got better with later episodes, but I never found it really interesting for me to keep watching....

I'm watching all Beware The Batman episodes , (so far 6) , and it's not great either. It's not BAD, but it's not GREAT either.... it's average at its best. It's a show with little attention to details, the CGI is not my cup of tea, and it feels like if they wanted to do a "kids-friendly-dark-batman" if you know what I mean.

The idea of using obscure villains is rather cool, tho