Batman: The Animated Series

The Demon's Quest (2)

Aired Saturday 9:00 AM May 04, 1993 on FOX

• An original episode, but not the strongest nor a good representation of the series.

The Demon's Quest (part 2) is a mixed bag in many respects. On one hand it is to be praised for its uniquness, some beutiful art and settings, and for a great portrayal of Ra's Al Ghul. On the other hand, it is not as character driven as many other episodes in the series, and the plot suffers from some juvenile elements.

In some ways the plot is simple. It has many locations, twists, and characters, but it looses some of its thematic power. While watching it I sometimes wished we paused and explored the way the character's Ra's Al Ghul, Talia and Batman interact, but I felt I was rushed off to the next plot element or action scene.

I don't remember watching this episode when I was kid, and back then it probablly would have been one of my favorites. While I still enjoyed watching it all these years later, it takes a back seat to some of finer, more character driven episodes, in this exceptional series.