Batman: The Animated Series

Two-Face (1)

Aired Saturday 9:00 AM Sep 25, 1992 on FOX

• One of the series best

Let me start by saying that this is the episode where we get to see Harvey Dent, Bruce's best friend become Two-Face. One of this series greatest achievements was the idea to introduce Harvey as a supporting character, before turning him into Two-Face, creating a bigger impact on the audience when it happened. This episode definitley created a big impact, not only is it dramatic but it has a lot of phsycological aspects in as well, such as the reason for Two-Face's being. This isn't the comic books he didn't simply get his face scarred and decide to become a criminal. The scarring is Two-Faces external appearance, his being and inner personality is caused by Harvey's mental problems. The only gripe I have is the animation, noone else ever seems to bring this up but the animation just......bugged me , when I say "animation" I mean the way which the characters are drawn. Anyway, that was a minimal flaw and doesn't really ruin the episode at all. This is definatly the best episode of the series at this point in the show, and the first one since the pilot to be really spectacular and outstanding. Truly a turning point in the series.