Batman: The Animated Series

Vendetta

Aired Saturday 9:00 AM Oct 05, 1992 on FOX

7.8
  • Bullock: "Why? Why did you stick your neck out like that to help me?" Batman: "Because I thought you were guilty too... and I was wrong. We may have different ways of enforcing the law, but we both believe in it."

I never really cared for this episode except for the final fight scene between Killer Croc and Batman. However, I have just watched it again and I loved it. Now, I struggled on what to rate this episode. It may not be a "9" but it is very close to it. I loved the relationship build up we get in this episode between Bullock and Batman. The focus on Bullock and his relationship with Batman is what makes this episode unique, not to mention the excellent animation. In my opinion Killer Croc wasn't done as well as I would have liked him to be but he was alright. Croc entertained me. He was surprisingly both smart and powerful. I am glad that I gave this episode another view because I never really liked it and now I do. Great story, animation, and fight scenes.

• A great intro to Killer Croc

This episode is special because it is the series debut of Killer Croc, but instead of just making it all about Batman trying to uncover the mystery (as if that wasn\'t good enough), there is a nice and interesting plot about Bullock. this episode is one of the few were Batman and Bullock work together, and builds up on their relationship. A great quote contained in this episode is

BULLOCK: Why? Why\'d you stick your neck out like that to help me?
    BATMAN: Because I thought you were guilty too and I was wrong. We may have different ways of enforcing the law, but we both believe in it.

This one quote sums up the difference between Batman and Bullock, and the similarities, despite thier different methods , they both ultimitley wish to achieve the same goal. As for Killer Croc, he was a great addition to the Batman rouge gallery and had motivation that fitted into the plot about Bullock. Another thing to mention is that this episode had a nice mysterioso film noir feel to it, wich is what I assume the creators wanted the series to feel like. This is an outstanding episode and an ideal one to watch if trying to come into the Batman mythos.