Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure!

Aired Friday 7:00 PM Jan 08, 2010 on Cartoon Network

• Aquaman takes a vacation. Hilarity ensues.

If Brave and the Bold has done the most for any one character, it has to be Aquaman. Turning him from the punchline of every superhero joke to a feel good, heroically silly character that just wants to have an adventure has been the show's smartest move. This episode pulls the focus off of Batman and makes Aquaman the star, what could be a risky move, that pays off well. The completely inappropriate sight of Aquaman driving cross-country in a Winnebago with his family is good for some laughs on its own, but then there's also the various team-ups he runs into, completely with 60s-style title cards and cheesy one-liners. The biggest problem with the episode is the cold opening, a rather weak segment that has a chuckle but then it just goes confusing. Regardless, there may be more thoughtful episodes of Brave and the Bold out there, but for pure fun value, this one has to top it.
  • Funniest episode since "Legends of the Dark Mite".

Aquaman on vacation? Sounds like a hoot? Well, it is. Aquaman is hilarious, this version of the character has now officially beaten the Justice League incarnation down in the ground. His son appears for the first time and his wife Mera appears for the second time, but the first time in a speaking role, she looks a bit different than she did in "Evil Under the Sea", but that was only a very minor distraction that disappeared quickly, we get a lot of heroes and villains in this episode, mostly just brief appearances, but Penguin makes his debut as the main villain, the scene from "Legends of the Dark Mite" doesn't really count. The voice wasn't very good, just passable, but mybe it'll grow on me if he appers in future episodes.

The best joke, and probably the best in any episode is the one where Aquaman encounters Sportsmaster, now THAT is funny. The Filmation-style title cards were a brilliant addition as well. The only thing I didn't like was the opening with Enemy Ace, it was pretty lame actually. But the rest of the episode is solid gold, comedy gold at least that once again shows what a great version of Aquaman this is.
  • Cool episode!

At first i thought this would be a boring episode, but i was wrong! I thought this was neat. I liked all the villians and i did lol at the scene where Aquaman was helping Blue Beetle fight Planet Master and he said," You don't want to see the power of Uranus." Man, i can't stop laughing at that. We saw The Penguin for the first time in this show. The opening was ok, but Enemy Ace was neat. It was a neat Aquaman themed episode that you should give a chance. Though, it did get kind of boring at some parts, but it was still good.

Overall Grade : B+