Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure!

Aired Friday 7:00 PM Jan 08, 2010 on Cartoon Network

• Aquaman Road Warrior

Aquaman is my second favorate character in this series. And for the record I really do like the superhero Aquaman whom I think is the most underrated superhero. Aquaman to me is sort of a Tarzan like character but from the sea, and his character really has a lot on his plate to deal with from most of the problem in the sea as well as a few problems on land and both sets of problems can coralate with one another which cause more problems. So yeah it's not easy to be Aquaman, if you want great stories on him read the Peter David run it's awesome. Anyway Aquaman in Brave and the Bold to me he's sort of like Ron Swanson from "Parks and Recreation" kinda a man's man but from a different era. He has this naivity and tries to apply his values to our era and the results are always a bit mixed but do turn out well in the end.

This episode is kinda doing "National Lampoon's Vacation" only it's with superheroes and villians and like in that movie a lot of crazy crap happens along the road. I like the fact that Aquaman is suffering from workaholic syndrome, I can emphasize with that it's something I have most of the time. Just like me Aquaman is so use to the action that even though he's on vacation all he can really think about is the action of work, the slightest bit of relaxation bores him. I love that quote he says, "Superheroism is in my blood!" that cracks me up. The funniest joke for me was while Aquaman is driving he then sees a supervillan drive by and it's Sports Man and he's sees he's also on vacation with his family. I just thought that was funny because it seemed strange that even super villians can have a family of their own as well most of the time in comic books it's always super heroes.

But what makes this episode all the more cool is not just the fact this episode isn't about Batman but that you have three crossovers in one. This is once again an example of a crossover done the right way and I've never seen it in this kind of format before. It's really fun seeing Aquaman (and his family in the final act) interact with different superheroes and kick a lot of butt. And in the end it really does bring them closer together which I thought was touching. What's a vacation without adventure.