Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Chill of the Night!

Aired Friday 7:00 PM Apr 09, 2010 on Cartoon Network

• Best episode yet

Overall, I'm not a fan of the show. I've found the animation horrible and the dialog worse. But I've been a Batman fan for about 30 years, enjoying team-up episodes (regardless of the series and characters). So the fact that this series is built around Batman team-ups, I set my DVR to record all new programs, and I watch each one with expectations that I'm going to dislike something. Once I got to that point, I've been happy with the series, nothing surprising, nothing disappointing since I expect nothing other than a fair Batman team-up. If I would rate the series as a whole, I'd give it a 5 or 6. Watchable, but not great.

But this episode is truely worth the 10 points that I gave it. Even throwing in Adam West as a cameo voice of Thomas Wayne (which isn't exactly a plus if you ask me, his show 50 years ago was horrible too), this episode almost had me thinking that I was watching an episode from The Animated Series from the early 90s. It was dark, had Batman being more physical than verbose, and we finally got to see Bruce's mug sans cowl.

I didn't even notice until I checked other reviews and someone said "See who voices Specter and Phantom Stranger. I'm surprised that I missed that. Another hats off to the Animated Series. I won't spoil that one, I'll let you look it up like I had to.

I only wish they didn't make West say "Chum". I literally shuddered when I heard him say that.

If you only see ONE episode of this piece of garbabe series, this is the one must-see episode.