Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Chill of the Night!

Aired Friday 7:00 PM Apr 09, 2010 on Cartoon Network

• A return to the Golden Age of Comics in Silver Age style show

This episode was terrific. Ignoring the teaser, I'll just jump straight to the main ploy. It is an adaptation of a Batman Comic from 1948 where Batman confronted the killer of his parents. Now let me give you a description for our villain if this is your first time hearing about him in ths continuity, Joe Chill, which is short for Joseph Chilton. Chill is the man who killed Thomas Wayne and Martha Wayne nee Kane. Now looking back to the season one episode, Invasion of the Secret Sanat's, from the flashbacks in that episode we believe that the murderer is just a random gunman, probably just a man in need of money. But in this episode it is reaveled who the gunman is, Joseph 'Joe Chill' Chilton, a hitman for mob boss, Lew Moxon. Now this is something that makes you think. A hitman? In a kid firendly cartoon? You must be joking. Don't beleive me? Look at the writer for this episode, Paul Dini straight from the DCAU. Back on topic here, Chill becomes an auctioneer on the black market later on and is confrotned by Batman, who reveals his identity of Bruce Wayne to Chill. Chill runs away in shock seeking help from some of the supervillains that he is selling a weapon too. Upon revealing that he is the man who created the Batman without revealing the identity of the caped crusader, the villains turn on Chill. Batman comes to the rescue but in the chaos Chill is killed by falling debris. Despite some differences, Chill is still the tragic villain from the comic all those years ago. So keep an eye out for other reviews from me and you will learn about some characters, the voice actors or anything else.