Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Crisis: 22,300 Miles Above Earth!

Aired Friday 7:00 PM Oct 28, 2011 on Cartoon Network

• Right, so decent episode, but shouldn't...I don't know, Equinox have been in it instead of another appearance by Ra's al Ghul?

Right, you know the score, love the JLI, Ice in particular, funny stuff here and some cool action, but some things annoyed the hell out of me. Talia al Ghul kissing Batman, and does every woman have to fall for Batman on the show? We've had Talia, Poison Ivy, Black Canary, Huntress and Catwoman, I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, Oh, right Wonder Woman didn't swoon like a teenager around him, which was refreshing. The bigger problem is that Equinox was brought back in the last JLI episode, why? The series ends with all of that unresolved, why bring him back in the first place then? Annoying, so we have Ra's al Ghul again, an excellent villain but not so much in this series. But the episode itself is passable, actually it has a few moments I really liked, the interaction between Guy Gardner and the original old-school Green Lantern was very funny. It's been a while since I saw this episode, but I think it was the one with Jeffrey Ross in the teaser....yeah, it is, he's roasting Batman along with the villains which was very funny, the Bane joke was probably the best. Check it out if only for that opening. So yeah, an okay episode, but the fact that they just ignored the Equinox stuff really bothered me, but what can you do? Fingers crossed for a DTV movie here, every animated Batman show has had one, The Brave and the Bold deserves one too.