Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Darkseid Descending!

Aired Friday 7:00 PM Dec 03, 2010 on Cartoon Network

• Boy, do they waste time on pointless stuff, but being an Ice-fanboy, I enjoyed this episode.

Darkseid finally appears, they didn't have a lot of build-up unlike the Starro invasion. The opening features Firestorm and Killer Frost, not a very good opening, completely disposable, the main episode, I have mixed feelings towards it. Ice appears, which is awesome even though she's presented as a bit of a moron, still, the norwegian bombshell have always been one of my favorite DC heroes and I'm really glad she appeared on the show, awesome design and cute accent. Fire has a new costume, I liked the old one, but this one is good as well. The action is pretty good, not the best I've seen on the show, the previous episode had awesome action, this one has decent action in it. The Darkseid fight is brief, thankfully Batman loses, if Batman had won in a fight against Darkseid...I mean, I know the show wants to present Batman as the most awesome hero ever, but that would've just been unacceptable. Just like in the Starro invasion, Batman recruits a team of C-list heroes, this team consists of Batman, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Aquaman, Guy Gardner, Ice and Fire, I thought the previous rag-tag team had a better chemistry, Gardner, Aquaman and Booster spend considerable time of the episode fighting.

While the action wasn't spectacular, I thought there were some very funny moments, Ice in particular was hilarious, those evil greeks, the scene where the characters get ready for battle only to be shown captured a second later got a laugh as well. Martian Manhunter shows up, looks a bit weird, I guess the ears distracted me a bit, he does....nothing, he eats cookies and tries to fix the air-conditioning with Skeets, I don't know what was up with that. I know some people didn't like this episode, and I do agree with some of the criticisms, they spend a lot of time doing very little only to get a very rushed confrontation with Darkseid, but I enjoyed it, mostly because of Ice, who I hope appears more in this series, and it looks like I was wrong about Question's death, how he survived diving into lava I'd love to know.