Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Emperor Joker!

Aired Friday 7:00 PM Oct 22, 2010 on Cartoon Network

• Bat-Mite's second appearance is not quite as hilarious as his first, still, this is one awesome episode.

This is the episode I've been looking forward to the most. Did it disappoint? Heck no, though I would not say that it's as hilarious as "Legends of the Dark Mite", this is still the funniest episode since "Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure". Joker recieves Bat-Mite's powers, neat premise to be sure. First of all, the opening with the infamous "Rainbow Batman" is entertaining and humerous and everything, but I kind of wanted it to get over with so we could get into some Bat-Mite craziness. Funniest moment? Easily the "A Death in the Family" reference, "guess what I voted?" Other moments were funny as well, Harley losing her voice and everytime she then tries to speak we would get those old silent-film era signs telling us what she just said. That's right, Harley Quinn appears, sadly not wearing her costume, but I do like her voice. The mini-Joker was kind of creepy, and I would've liked to have seen Bat-Mite and him duke it out more. The scene where Batman is killed over and over again is genuinely gruesome and I was once again surprised by what they were able to get away with on this show, the acid death in particular, complete with Batman's melting skeleton on full display, anyway, this morbid sequence is more horrific than funny, but seeing Batman with angel wings playing a harp got a laugh. We get to see how Joker looked before his transformation, so that's kind of special. The musical number, I loved it, Jeff Bennett has an amazing singing voice, he did the "singing" voice for Batman in "Mayhem of the Music Meister!", the song number up to the level of that episode and is a lot better than the song in "The Mask of Matches Malone". Bat-Mite is set to appear again at least once this season with "Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases!" I hope we get one as well in season 3, because they have so far been great fun.