Batman: The Brave and the Bold Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: Mitefall! (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 100
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 11/18/11 series finale, "Mitefall!", to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Llaffer

[2]Nov 18, 2011
    • level: 8
    That has got to be the oddest series finally in history.

Bat-Mite's monolog up front actually made sense, which means everything else was going to be completely off the wall, and it was.

I looked back through the thread on previous episode discussions and was surprised to see that there is so little conversation going on. With the exception of that one good dark episode, this series was pretty meh.

HEATXZ

[3]Nov 18, 2011
    • level: 9
    Awesome Final Episode
    Great to see Ambush Bug first time animated and voiced by Fonzie
    My favorite parts Batmite changing the show and Ambush Bug making Batman and Aquaman punch him XD
    The Lincoln Teaser was good
    I'm so sad that it's Batman The Brave The Bold Last Episode,They brought so many Great DC Heroes and Villains in the show and even ones that have never been animated before
    Good Night Batman The Brave And The Bold you were such a awesome show

akaKJB

[4]Nov 19, 2011
    • level: 2

A brilliant way to end one of the more bizarre incarnations of BATMAN.

Two words: Ambush Bug. And a fairly tame version of the Bug. In his prime, he'd give Bat-Mite a run for his money but here, he's fairly tame. The Ted McGinley jokes and the cast party while they "strike" the animated set were there for the benefit of us geeks. Paul Dini gives the series a great send off and I'm actually gonna miss it. Guess I'll have to make due with YOUNG JUSTICE until we get another Bat series.

VincentMagius

[5]Nov 20, 2011
    • level: 8
    I found it a rather good take on a finale. There are no threads to close. Like many shows that don't enough warning, they could have ended with another episode that looks like the others. But, they embraced the fact they were ending. For a show that may not have jumped the shark, they wanted us to know this was that moment. They let you know they were ending. And, we get a decent farewell.

It was also nice for that Paul Dini wrote the episode. The man knows that every season finale should be a series finale. You don't know when you'll be canceled, but you know the last episode you'll be working on for this set. The fans deserve an ending and he gives it.

kanniballl

[6]Nov 21, 2011
    • level: 18

The only part I really really liked was the wrap-up party at the end. Seeing all of the cast (hero and villain) just chilling out while Music Meister played a quiet turn was nice. Even his final message was decent.

The rest of the episode, I got a chuckle out of a few bits (like the toy-costumes and stuff).

And as in his appearance, BatMite gave a nice monologue about the show.... his first appearance using a letter from the writers was a nice touch. This time, I guess it had some similarities to fan feedback.

And Ambug Bug was interesting, I only know of him via the DCUniverse Online game.

But the rest of the episode was a bit on the silly side.

antilifecu

[7]Nov 24, 2011
    • level: 6
    Farewell!!!