Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Hail the Tornado Tyrant!

Aired Friday 7:00 PM Jun 05, 2009 on Cartoon Network

• Red Tornado vs. Tornado Tyrant, but there's more to it than that. This is a heavy emotional episode.

The previous episode was a completely silly, hilarious comedy, this one is the exact opposite, it's a sad, emotional episode. The opening is throwaway, Joker causes mayhem and Catwoman appears at the very end of it. Pretty weak opening actually. But the main episode is gold and very different from what we usually see from this show.

Red Tornado creates a son, but he soon develops some dark troubling views on humanity, calling them evil and a disease. Tornado shuts him down, but his son is not done yet and upgrades himself and becomes the Tornado Tyrant. The final confronation between the two is very emotional, and the ending is surprisingly sad, I'll admit it, I almost cried a little, something I never do, only Pixar can make me cry apparently. This episode came close however.

There are zero jokes in this episode, besides the opening, but that's the great thing about this show, how it can go from light adventure and comedy to heavy, dark episodes like this, where Red Tornado has to kill his own son. I really liked this one.
  • A Sad, but good episode!

I will have to admit, this was one of the saddest episodes of Batman: Brave and the bold. But it was also good. The opening part was awesome. We saw The Joker again. We saw Green Arrow and Batman team up again. Catwomen also appeared. I felt sorry for Red Tornado though. His son went out of control a little bit. I also liked that we saw Major Diaster in this episode. He appeared a couple of times and had a big role in this episode. But the ending made me sad myself. Red Tornado destroyed his son and melted him with that laser. But who knows? Maybe he will make him again someday.

Overall Grade: A+