Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Inside the Outsiders!

Aired Friday 7:00 PM Nov 06, 2009 on Cartoon Network

7.9
  • A great episode for fans of this show's version of the Outsiders.

Opening with Catowman is good, yadda yadda yadda...Now, the main episode is...I loved it. But I understand why some may hate it, the Outsiders here aren't exactly praised all across the board, certain people absolutely hate what the show's creators have done to and with them. I don't have much history with the Outsiders, so maybe that's the reason I don't mind them here. Katana in particular, I'm very fond of. And she gets the best part in this episode. It's basically one of those "nightmare" episodes, where we see the characters worst fears and nightmares, orchestrated by Psycho Pirate, a great villain. Given the theme and the villain, I was a bit disappointed that Robert Englund didn't voice him, but this other guy, I belive he played Quark on Star Trek, did a fine job.

Katana's nightmare is by far the best, it shows the death of another character, and it's pretty intense and dramatic. Black Lightning's nightmare goes for laughs, and it gets a bit tiresome how he rages at absolutely everything and anyone. Metamorpho's is just there to allow for some decent action, and the final twist was well done. At one point I actually thought the Outsiders died, I guess the death in Katana's nightmare helped sell it, but of course it's a trick by Psycho Pirate. I suppose some cheered during their "death" and then became disappointed when it turned out to be fake. I'm glad they didn't die, I like the Outsiders in this show. So I enjoyed this episode.