Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Mayhem of the Music Meister!

Aired Friday 7:00 PM Oct 23, 2009 on Cartoon Network

• An episode all anime and animation writers and producers should follow at least once a season.

Absolutely my most favorite animation of 2009 and certainly in the top 5 of all time (if not the best of all time).

I love anime & animation for the stories, the fantasy / imagination, and the magnificent drawings in both styles. Yet they both fall short in truly enlightening the human soul. What is missing is the power of music to shape and tame the human heart of the heart of a beast.

This episode, though, includes this missing quality and incorporates it well enough to remind me of a Broadway musical. It has a well written story, great animation, and uniquely includes music, which creates beauty capable of opening the heart and minds of the viewer.

This episode gets my highest rating, as I never wanted the episode to end and after viewing it for nine times I have same feeling as the first time. I look forward to more from Music Meister and hope the writer and producers bring music to more characters not only on "Batman: The Brave and The Bold," but to all anime and animation.

-----

UPDATE: It is now May 27, 2011 and Cartoon Network again showed this episode and it still (even with the many cuts) a wonderful episode. I found myself singing along with the song (OK, not out loud, but in my heart and mind). Yeah, I still feel today that this is one of the best cartoons every produced.