Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Menace of the Madniks!

Aired Friday 7:00 PM Oct 15, 2010 on Cartoon Network

• The Haunted Tank features in a great opening teaser, the main episode is not as good however.

I loved the opening teaser with Haunted Tank, driven by none other than Jeb Stuart who assists Batman in capturing Ma Murder. It has a really funn moment where the tank jumps over a bruidge and we hear that standard cheesy car horn sound, this opening is a lot better than the main episode. So, the main episode then, Booster Gold is in it, this should mean it's going to be just as fun as the opening, but it's a fairly serious episode, nothing wrong with that BTW. Here, Booster and Batman travels back in time to help Ted Kord capture the Madniks before his death, and thus give him some sort of closure. I thought the episode was merely okay, main problem, the villains, the Madniks, I love the superlame villains of this series, problem is, the Madniks are definitely not cool, and they're not even so lame enough to be cool. When they undergo their transformation, they look kind of like the Preserver in his true form from the Superman TAS show, but they're boring villains.

The stuff between Booster Gold, Batman and Ted Kord is fun enough, loved the line where Ted Kord explains how Batman is more of a "work friend" and Booster is more of a "fun friend". I don't know why it never quite becomes as entertaining as it should, the action is pretty boring and uninspired and there are only brief moments of humour. I thought something special would happen here, like Booster dying to save the future he messed up, or even Blue Beetle dying here instead of Science Island, then again, I guess the world would be doomed if he did, but no, nothiing major happened. I just found this episode to be very average, one of the weakest ones so far, but the opening is great though, so check it out for that at least. Skeets, voiced by Billy West, arguably the most talented voice actor currently in the business, should get more lines as well.