Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Powerless!

Aired Friday 7:00 PM Oct 21, 2011 on Cartoon Network

• The arrogant Captain Atom, the newest member of the Justice League International, learns a hard lesson in humility when his powers are taken by his old enemy Major Force.

I was wondering how Captain Atom would be featured in Brave and the Bold, and I was surprised that his arrogance exceeds those of Guy Gardner and Booster Gold. He believes that superpowers are what makes a superhero, and often pokes fun on Batman for his lack of powers. He even continues to make jokes on Batman even when his powers are stolen by Major Force. The episode is pretty straightforward, but has some pretty worthy moments including "Aquaman's Rousing Song of Heroism".

• Yes, another great episode after a bunch of mediocre to awful ones, this one written by Greg Weisman and featuring Captain Atom and Major Force.

So glad we could have another outstanding episode of Batman The Brave and the Bold, I've been disappointed by some of the latest episodes and even hated a few absolutely lousy ones. Sadly, this didn' mark the end of bad episodes, still a few to go, but never mind, this one was phenomenal, has all the ingredients to make for a memorable episode. We have some cool action, really funny comedy and a great musical number. I've never been a huge fan of Captain Atom and he is a complete jerk in this one, I wish he could've redeemed himself at the end but oh well. The comedy is quite absurd, "it's Martian Manhunter", but it works and especially the scene where Captain Atom tries to open a jar was hilarious. The action was stellar, the JLI appears without any speaking lines and gets taken down without much, or any struggle, sorry, no Equiox in this one, in fact, sorry to say, no Equinox for the rest of the series period, so that's one of a few unresolved plot points. What really elevated this thing above being merely "good", is the song, which I know by heart now and keep singing to myself every now and then, John DiMaggio once again delivers and obliterates any doubts about him being anything less than one of the absolute best voice actors working today. This is a fun and completely enjoyable episode, but there is still one more that is even better.