Batman: The Brave and the Bold

The Plague of the Prototypes!

Aired Friday 7:00 PM Nov 05, 2010 on Cartoon Network

• Black Mask, Batman robots, G.I. Robot and the icing on the cake, Adam West as Proto.

The opening was...I don't know, it was neither funny nor exciting, just unbelievably bizarre and not in a good way. G.I. Robot shows up, and he looks cool and everything, then he dies a few seconds later and the soldiers mourn his death before moving on. I didn't hate the opening, but it's completely forgettable. The man episode is a lot better, last week I talked about how I wished the Riddler would be the villain in the upcoming live action Batman movie, even more than Riddler, I want to see Black Mask in live action, who I feel is a great match for Nolan's Batman universe. Black Mask appeared in The Batman and was portrayed brilliantly in "The Breakout", great design, great voice by James Remar, who is this show's Two-Face. Black Mask is a bit different here, he's more bulky, more like a brute, not as stylish and he can throw a few punches at Batman. The voice here, by John DiMaggio is good, but I think Remar was slightly better.

Adam West voices Proto, perfect casting, West...bless him, is not the liveliest voice actor in the world and he's perfect for voicing a likeable robot. I thought we were heading for a predictable ending where Proto would sacrifice himself, I'm glad that didn't happen. There are some humerous moments, the action is not all that great, I wish the battle with Black Mask would've lasted longer, this version of him can clearly hold his own in a fight. Best moment was easily the one where Black Mask orders the robots to kill his previous henchmen, that was great. I really liked this episode, mostly because I am a huge fan of Black Mask.