Batman: The Brave and the Bold

The Siege of Starro! (1)

Aired Friday 7:00 PM Sep 17, 2010 on Cartoon Network

• Not quite as awesome as last season's two-parter, but still a lot of fun.

After an absurdly long break, Batman: The Brave and the Bold returns in style, it's been a while since I've seen this one, but I remember pretty much what happened, this is the first part of the conclusion to the whole Starro invasion, which other episodes have build up to. Was it worth all the wait? Yyyyeeess, you see, I don't think it's as good as last season's two-parter, Deep Cover for Batman and Game Over for Owlman. However it's still a lot of fun, the opening is a bit puzzling, why is B'Wana Beast narrating? Don't get me wrong, I could listen to Kevin Michael Richardson all day, any day, but why does he of all the heroes on the show narrate? It all makes sense in the second part which will air next week. This is really B'Wana's story, or it will be, Starro is defeated surprisingly easy, but of course it's not over just like that, but yeah, it's a ta disappointing. The fights with Faceless Hunter are by far the best thing about the episode.

The ragtag group of heroes is fun and their interaction and banter is amusing, Capt. Marvel's reaction to B'Wana's powers was very funny. And of course we get the classic, hilarious one-liners tha this show does so well, "Earth is off the menu" is probably the highlight for me in this particular episode. The action is great and the number of characters that appears, you could have fun searching the frame and spot all the various characters. The ending is quite interesting and surprising, I have a bit of trouble deciding if this is better than the second part, but I am sure that it is a very entertaining episode, glad to have you back Batman: The Brave and the Bold.