Battle of the Network Stars

ABC (ended 2003)

Battle of the Network Stars Fan Reviews (6)

7.1
  • I loved the show but ?

does anybody know why Dick Van Dyke took over one episode of the Battle Network Stars in 1986 for Howard Cosell? Then Cosell came back 4 the next show in 1988, why? please explain!
  • When it is revealed that the writers of "Battle of the Network Stars" are going to use the Muslim prophet Character in a joking matter, the nation decides to "Bury it's head in the sand" and maybe the terrorists won't attack.

6.9
    When it is revealed that the writers of "Battle of the Network Stars" are going to use the Muslim prophet Character in a joking matter, the nation decides to "Bury it's head in the sand" and maybe the terrorists won't attack. he leaves on a quest to get the episode pulled with him in tow they leave. But when he learns that he wishes to get the series cancelled he tries to stop him. And fails to be continued next week.
  • you could never do this today.

2.1
    you could never make this a sucess today. or maybe you could what with all the hoop-la surrounding american idol. this was quite possibly the worst show of the 70's. i'm suprised some of those people didn't fall over dead. gabe kaplan, gil gerard, what a couple of jokes. i'll never understand how this show ever became popular.
  • The first few years, This was a must watch

The first few years of ' The Battle of Network Stars 'were the best and the ones I personally recommend watching again if you are ever ale to get the chance.
    These were the years when the big names (at that time) of the Big Three got together for some friendly competition.
    The format of the show slightly changed at the end of 1979 (Special 7. The ABC Sports commentators were gone and celeberity hosts were now running the show.
    While a few major stars from the big three continued to take part, the majority of the participants were from the networks B-List.

• Loved this show

I loved watching Battle Of The Network stars. I think it was done twice a year and featured a team of about eight people from ABC, NBC and CBS shows. It was great seeing which actors were good athletes and which were not so good. Egos got involved too. To this day I remember William Shatner was the captain of the ABC team and he was kind of picking on this girl named Kathy Maisnik who had a short-lived show on ABC at the time. ABC was my favorite network at the time so I was always rooting for them to win. I think the winning teams all got brand new cars and a cash prize. I was really disappointed when no more episodes were made. It's coming back now only this time with reality stars. I'm not too keen on all the reality shows taking over the airwaves, so I have mixed feelings about this one.
  • Interesting to watch it now I guess-maybe it was what they thought of as reality tv back then-it's cool to see how old these people all got now.

4.1
    Interesting to watch it now I guess-maybe it was what they thought of as reality tv back then-it's cool to see how old these people all got now. Trio has shown some old episodes-where Farrah Fawcett talks about how she wanted to be home to cook dinner for Lee Majors every night after working on Charlie's Angels....it was stil the 70s I guess....