Different series?

Lokar

[1]May 29, 2006
    • level: 26
    This show was presented under a few different names in its history. You may know it as BOTP or as G-Force.

What I'd like to know is if anyone remembers if they substantially edited the material, were they written by different people or did they simply just slap different titles on them for each particular run. I was thinking of buying the DVDs and I don't want to get something that they monkeyed around with or took things out of.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TheHunted1

[2]Jun 9, 2006
    • level: 3
    Lokar wrote:
    This show was presented under a few different names in its history. You may know it as BOTP or as G-Force.

What I'd like to know is if anyone remembers if they substantially edited the material, were they written by different people or did they simply just slap different titles on them for each particular run. I was thinking of buying the DVDs and I don't want to get something that they monkeyed around with or took things out of.

BOTP was heavily edited due to the amount of violence in the original series Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman. Scenes of 7-Zark-7 & 1-Rover-1 and showing the team in the recreation room were filler for the edited material. I've never seen G-Force: Guardians of Space but apparantly it is more faithful to the original series. The main problem with this version seems to be the voice casting and background music used in the show. If you don't mind subtitles, I'd suggest getting Gatchaman on DVD. The Japanese voices are great and you get to see all 105 episodes. BOTP had a total of 85 episodes randomly selected (they went as high #101) while G-Force: GoS dubbed 85 epsiodes as well (#1-#87, excluding #81 and #86). A great site for info on Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman and its various incarnations can be found here: http://www.chronicsite.com/gatchaman/

Lokar

[3]Jun 12, 2006
    • level: 26
    Thanks!  

EricDent1

[4]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 7
    Yeah G-Force was a bit more like Gatchaman was. Though it did have the most annoying synth music during the show.

The Dub of Gatchaman is pretty good as well BTW, which is also on the DVD versions. Not sure why ADV never brought out a thin-pack version of the show, or did a full box-set of all the DVDs (I guess the box would have to be big, since there are 17 DVDs).

Any word on a possible DVD release for Gatchaman 2 & G-Fighter in the USA?