Keyop

Lokar

[1]Jun 12, 2006
    • level: 26

Did he drive anyone else nuts? I know, that sounds cruel, but he kind of got on my nerves. Never my favorite character.
    Edited on 06/12/2006 12:42am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TheHunted1

[2]Jun 12, 2006
    • level: 3
    I never did pay that much attention to him, but yeah his speech was very irritating. It was intentional, so that kids watching the show would be reminded he was an android (or something similar) and not human. Can't have a young kid kicking butt I guess.

Apparently the producers of Silverhawks may have borrowed the same idea from BOTP. I recall Copper Kid's voice being just as bad.

Da1ShrpSh0trGrl

[3]Jan 1, 2007
    • level: 2
    He was an android? Wow that's new to me.

EricDent1

[4]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 7
    One of the most notable changes in the BotP adaptation involves the character Keyop (Jinpei in Gatchaman), who picked up a bizarre verbal tic of stuttering, chirping, and burbling. There was a longstanding fan rumor that this was done because the original character spoke using profanity, and that Keyop's excess mouth motion would cover up deleting the words. This was not true, as demonstrated by the existence of an unedited Gatchaman version published by ADV Films, in which Keyop rarely if ever uses profanity. The in-story explanation for Keyop's unique manner of speech is that he is an android or an artificial life form.

"Borrowed" from Wikipedia's article about Battle of the Planets. I know Wikipedia is not always the best source, but most of the anime stuff on there is pretty well done.