Silly Questions

TheHunted1

[1]Jul 5, 2006
    • level: 3

How does Jason get to Center Neptune?  He's the only one who has a vehicle that can't go over or on water, and he doesn't always get there with help from the Phoenix.

Why the hell do 7-Zark-7 and 1-Rover-1 make the effort to fly if they only need to move about 5 feet?

Why have Mark's father survive the missle blast to correct the Van Allen Radiation Belt, only to have him killed in his sleep in the very next episode?

If Keyop is an android, why does he fall in love in the episode "Cupid Does It To Keyop"?

If Spectra is the only planet that attacks Earth and its allies, why don't the rest of the planets combine their forces and invade Spectra?  They obviously know where it is, since Jason had to rescue Mark and Princess from there in "The Conway Tape Trap".

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zanshinkyo

[2]Jul 16, 2006
    • level: 28

Sorry, I wanted to answer your questions in detail, but this stupid message board refused to post my complete answer, saying there is a formating error.  Apparently it won't accept text that is pasted, and since I wrote the answer out in Outpost, it has keeps getting rejected.

TheHunted1

[3]Jul 18, 2006
    Zanshinkyo wrote:
    Sorry, I wanted to answer your questions in detail, but this stupid message board refused to post my complete answer, saying there is a formating error.  Apparently it won't accept text that is pasted, and since I wrote the answer out in Outpost, it has keeps getting rejected.

Its ok, I wasn't really expecting them to be answered seriously. Just thought it would be funny to mock certain things in BOTP.

Zanshinkyo

[4]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 28
    Well, anyhow, I gave some detail about the reasons, but it was mostly due to the fact that Battle of the Planets was created from edited footage of Gatchaman, so they had to work with the footage they had, which means some events didn't jibe terribily well with the direction the BotP story went  in.

TheHunted1

[5]Jul 18, 2006
    Yeah, but even my first question works with Gatchaman, since Joe shows up at Cresent Coral a few times without the help of the God Phoenix. As for the other ones, they're more the fault of Sandy Frank changing the storyline and flip-flopping on the death of Mark's father.

EricDent1

[6]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 7
    Well since I have never actually watched the Battle of the Planets version of Gatchaman, I can't really help with those questions. As far as the first one. I think that sometimes the group just hung out on the base, they had sleeping quarters. As far as Joe getting to the island, I guess that if he does not ride in the God-Pheonix, then he probably just rides there in a sub (or maybe his car can drive underwater...which knowing Tatsunoko (who also did Speed Racer) would not surprise me at all).