Battlestar Galactica

ABC (ended 1979)

maritimer00

Battlestar Galactica Fan Reviews (35)

• I miss the old series. I watched the episodes on HULU.COM and realized how much I enjoyed it and how much the new BSG ruined a golden opportunity.

Watching the old BSG episodes I have found out some parts of the storyline that the new BSG didn't use that would have truly enhanced the new show. First, the Cylons were actually a race of reptilians. They created robots to serve them. The Cylon robots either killed off their creators or the Cylons died out or advanced to a different form to a higher plane of exsistance. The robots lived on and now are called Cylons. Without masters, they conquer the galaxy to bring order to what they consider is a chaotic universe. Second, the First Cylon Wars were ones in the defense of other races. The Colonies came to the defense of other races fighting the Cylons. The Cylons wanted to wipe out The Colonies because humans were the only race with the ability to fight the Cylons effectively. Third, there are other known races other than Cylons and Humans. Fourth, Starbuck is a man!

I think the first three storylines of the old BSG could have been the outline for seven or eight years of episodes. But production costs back then and the lack of computer generated effects made such a show a money pit. Too bad. And too bad the new BSG didn't have more in common with the old show.