Battlestar Galactica

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 14, 2005 on Syfy

• Maybe this time.

This episode had me empathizing much more with the individual characters, as they walked along the razor's edge of exhaustion, but still managed to tow the line and perform their duties. Apollo and Starbuck endeared themselves to me more(or at all in Apollo's case) when they had to take out the Olympic Carrier. I loved the scene between Apollo and Adama after that, the way it showed each is ready to do what must be done for the fleet.

Adm. Adama: "I gave the order, it was my responsibility."

Capt. Adama: "I pulled the trigger...that's mine."

Dr. Baltar makes for the perfect coward, clinging to any branch he can grab a hold of as the consequences of his actions threaten to pull him under. Even ready to accept the religion he so mercilessly mocks if only it will save him from the truth coming out. Him breathing a sigh of relief at the thought of 1300+ people losing their lives, just so he can be safe, cemented for me how important self-preservation is to him and what a callous bastard he truly is.

Despite there still being a prevalent feeling of desperation, it was nice how the episode ended with something positive(the baby being born), that little shimmer of hope that makes you think they might actually make it through all this.

My favorite scene was Dualla walking down the hallway with all the pictures of unaccounted friends and family members or Apollo and Starbuck shooting down the Olympic Carrier, I loved how he whispered "mark", as if he couldn't bring himself to say it any louder.