Battlestar Galactica

A Disquiet Follows My Soul

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 23, 2009 on Syfy

• So after the smashing season premiere, it was pretty much expected that we'd get an episode that was going to take things slow. But even at its worst, and even at its slowest, this episode was poetic, and chilling to say the least.

So after the smashing season premiere, it was pretty much expected that we'd get an episode that was going to take things slow. But even at its worst, and even at its slowest, this episode was poetic, and chilling to say the least. There's something about seeing Adama charge on after the mess that was Earth, something about him just getting up, struggling through the day, picking up the trash, and working through all the crap. You can see he's really on his last leg, and I wouldn't be surprised if he bowed before the series finale, just in time to give Lee a shakeup, enough to take over the rest of the fleet. And there's a great thing with Roslin too, whose reaction to Earth was probably the opposite of our expectations. Instead of crashing, she's taken life head on, by the horns, and if my theory about Bill's demise is any bit truthful, she's doing it just in time. But really, the juice of this episode was the setup. Tigh's baby, Tyrol's kid, doesn't really matter as much as Gaeta and Zarek working together. Can you really blame Gaeta? And even though Zarek is an ass, and going through with the mutiny for his own selfish reasons, you can still tell there's some justification in his actions. And Gaeta, who's gotten his ass kicked for too long now, well he's taken a dark fall, and you can tell, this isn't going to end well for Mr. Gaeta. Whatever the two of them are planning (and let's be honest, next week's episode looks fantastic), we're in for a fairly exciting ending.