Battlestar Galactica

A Disquiet Follows My Soul

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 23, 2009 on Syfy

• Not exactly a tearjerker, but just plain depressing. Nothing is getting better. It doesn't look like it will. Go BSG.

Roslin is completely falling apart, as is Adama really. Like they have just given up even trying. It's amazingly done, though it depresses me a lot. EJO wasn't joking when he warned that this last run of episodes would be depressing. It was interesting how Kara and Gaeta's scene was set up as a reflection of the scene in Collaborators. I thought that was a good way to do it. And I can definitely see Gaeta holding a grudge still with that. And especially after the webisodes, him having a major anti-cylon grudge is perfectly understandable. And Kara is quite understandably messed up.

Tigh and Six are definitely interesting. The first fully cylon baby? Why do I feel like it won't survive though. I have a feeling that Hera really is the future of both races. I think that they have to live together, and that Hera and her parents really represent what everyone has to be.

Hot Dog being Nicky's dad? Well they really had to do something I guess. Because otherwise Hera wouldn't be so special. And just seeing Hot Dog brings me back to the good old days when there was still hope for Earth, and when Starbuck was called god, but had no real supernatural powers of death and resurrection. BSG used to seem depressing compared to most stuff on tv, but when compared to this season, 1st season seems almost like comedy. However, it is quite well done.