Battlestar Galactica

A Disquiet Follows My Soul

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 23, 2009 on Syfy

• A character study/set-up episode to take us to the next story arc.

While most people will probably complain about this episode as just set-up, I believe it was neccessary to get to through rest of the season. After the opener, the writers needed to find a way to re-engage the audience with these characters. An episode that focused on character development and showed us where these people are in their lives was exactly what we needed before the actions resumes. And there were so many fantastic moments in this episode that we shouldn't care if it moves the story forward! That scene with Tigh, Caprica, and Cottle was priceless. Not to mention the Gaeta/Kara confrontation. I loved seeing these two go at it with neither one giving an inch. Gaeta's pity frak comment was hysterical! And how could you not love that ending?! We see Gaeta's journey to the dark side and then we get a perfect little moment of happiness with our leaders. How sexy was Mary in that scene?! Maybe this episode didn't answer many questions or have any epic space battles but it was still BSG at it's best.