Battlestar Galactica

A Disquiet Follows My Soul

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 23, 2009 on Syfy

• Following last week's mind frak of an episode, the foundation is laid for the final eight episodes. (Spoilers ahead)

Make no bones about it, last week's episode of BSG was fantastic. This week's episode 'A Disquiet Follows My Soul' lays the foundation for the remainder of the series. Boy does it look like things will get much worse for the Colonial fleet before it gets any better. After conferring with my Plurp colleagues, I've decided that I WILL write spoilers. This is because I don't want to miss out on an opportunity to engage you, the reader in discussion. So if you haven't seen 'A Disquiet Follows My Soul', I would suggest you stop reading.

Admiral AdamaLast week's episode more or less closed off the first three and a half seasons of Battlestar Galactica. This week's episode is in effect, a new beginning. It lays the foundation for what is to come. And it definitely looks like things will get worse before they get better for the Colonials. It's not as good as last week's episode, but then again, how do you follow up the mind job last week's episode did to you? Overall, its a slower, more deliberate episode where the effect of the scorched Earth on the rest of the fleet is really shown. So what happens?

It looks like Tom Zarek is attempting to plan a coup to overthrow Roslin and Adama. A very bitter Gaeta will be helping him. Roslin has given up. She has decided that she deserves some happiness before she dies and as a result, turned her back on her responsibilities as President. Admiral Adama also appears to be quite lost in terms of what to do. The rebel Cylons want to join the fleet as full fledged members in exchange for Cylon technology. Of course this does not go over well with Zarek and Gaeta.

Now it wouldn't be BSG without some sort of shocker; so what was it this week? Tyrol is NOT the father of his child. Instead, the father is Hotdog. So that means that Helo's and Athena's child is the ONLY Human / Cylon hybrid. We also find out that Six's and Tigh's child is the future of the Cylon race. Let's not forget that Adama and Roslin 'get it on' in the final scene. The fleet may be falling apart, but they sure looked happy!

The biggest thing about this episode is that it looks like there could possibly be a civil war in the Colonial fleet before its all said and done. It's not hard to see why; although allowing the Cylons to join the fleet is essentially required for survival, they are the reason Humanity is on the run. When Admiral Adama tells Gaeta, all options are on the table, you know he's not kidding. I can't wait to see where things go from here!

The Good: Kara telling Gaeta she has no issues hitting a 'cripple'. Adama bluffing his way to the truth with Zarek. Baltar denouncing god to his followers.

The Bad: Gaeta, as time goes on, I only hate him more. What a douche bag.

The Ugly: Nothing really, BSG is good that way!

More at www.theplurp.com