Battlestar Galactica

A Disquiet Follows My Soul

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 23, 2009 on Syfy

• Adama wants to outfit Colonial ships with Cylon jump drives to help the fleet. Not everyone agrees with the plan.

This episode is a welcome return to the human drama that drives this series. The logic-defying twists (the history of the ancient Cylon civilization) have been trying at best. Considering the tragic themes, perhaps "enjoyable" is the wrong term, but it is great to see more of the characters themselves again. The loss, disappointment and despair are all palpable. What's more is that this allows the audience to identify and care more about the characters than otherwise possible. That is why next week's episode (which will hopefully satisfy all of those who enjoy a bit of action) will truly mean something. The final scene with Adama and Rosalyn was also beautiful. The way it underscored that the only thing of any real importance, especially in the face of losing everything else, is the love shared with the others in our lives. I also agree with those who noted that it is finally nice to see some romance on TV between mature adults. Excellent episode.