Battlestar Galactica

Act of Contrition (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 28, 2005 on Syfy

• Act of Contrition

Act of Contrition was a perfectly entertaining episode of Battlestar Galactica and I really enjoyed watching this episode because Starbuck had flashbacks to when Zack was still alive, the President and Dr. discuss treatment for her cancer and new pilots need to be trained after an accident takes out 20 pilots. The story was well crafted and featured a few minutes of Helo and Sharon on Caprica as they find the source of the signal which seems to be a Cylon ploy perhaps. Starbuck, Apollo and Commander Adama face the truth of the past, and it hurt but ultimately it's good that it happened. I wonder if Starbuck was dreaming about what happened to her or what those clips were meant to portray, but well done. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!
  • The one where: Starbuck is in trouble.

There's a really nice set-up to this episode, with each ad break feeding us just a small piece of an intriguing puzzle. That puzzle being Starbuck fighting for her life. It's the anticipation as to how Starbuck managed to get herself in that very situation that lends this episode a lot of momentum. Throw in some much appreciated flashback scenes and some outstanding performances from our main cast, and you have a fun, compelling and cliff-hangery episode.

It's the first truly awesome episode of BSG.

Spoilerish Title Sequence: 4 mins and 28 secs into the episode.

It was interesting to see Kara as a love interest, as she's generally perceived as the badass with the heart of gold. The flashbacks do well to flesh out her character, as well as the interesting father/daughter dynamic she shares with William Adama. Their conflict scenes together were absolutely electric. Katee Sackhoff gives an incredibly raw performance and Edward James Olmos is at his disapproving best. I just felt so bad for Kara (and proud) the way she had to stand there and face Adama's stone cold stare as she confessed the truth as to what happened with Zack. Gold acting stars.

Meanwhile, on Caprica, Helo and Sharon strike gold (of the food variety) when they stumble upon a bomb shelter that will replenish their supplies so that the writers can isolate this storyline for even longer. There's not really a lot to it, but then again, it doesn't feature enough to take away from the episode.

Frak-O-Meter: 2 fraks this week, with Kara changing it up a little: ''frak me.''

Cylon Sex: Afraid not, but we do get some of the human kind with Starbuck and Zack.

Spot the six: Just a stalkerish Caprica Six hanging outside of the shop where Helo and Sharon are hiding. Ya know, the usual.

Injuries: Just the fatalities of 13 pilots, with another 7 in sick bay. Nothing too serious...

Boomer or Sharon?: Sharon again this week, but only cos Boom aint around.

Ships Lost: Ships are getting off easy, huh?

Battlestar Bleakness: Well, there's nothing like a quick massacre (during a celebration!) to kick-start an episode. Or how about when Adama asked Starbuck to leave his office, ''while you still can.'' Yikes.

Everything just clicks here. The score really caught my attention this week, and can I just say it's easily one of my favourite aspects to the show. It just so happens to have awesome acting, hella cool ideas and lots of space battles. All present in this episode. A BSG classic.

• "...the scene that I had my first emotion reaction to anything involved with the characters lives came..." SPOILERS

With the opening of this episode I could tell that it was going to be flashbacks revolving around Starbuck and actually kind of reminded me of the "flashback episode" of Firefly. How it was all leading up to the main character of the episode got into the strange and dangerous situation they're in. Then we cut to the men celebrating one of the pilot's 1000th landing on the Galactica. Starbuck and Apollo share a cute scene where they are painting the pilot's helmet with red paint, spill the bucket, and Starbuck blames Apollo, through a point of the finger, on Apollo. It's really interesting how the pilot's act around each other. Apollo and Starbuck can be laughing one minute, and then calling each other "sir" the next and holding their hands behind their backs just the same way that Adama will hug Starbuck one minute and speaks like a commander the next. Their dynamics are all interesting to watch. It's nice when you see celebrations of different cultures within a sci-fi show because it makes the characters that much more human in a world we don't understand. It gives us insight into the character's minds, culture, all with keeping a creative new thing to entertain the viewer. Now the scene that I had my first emotion reaction to anything involved with the characters lives came from Adama and Starbuck and her confession. Superbly acted on both their parts. The way Adama pursed his lips and almost seemed like he wanted to yell and scream at Starbuck but held it back and his eyes began to well up with sadness as Starbuck continued to confess her mistake. Incredible. I got teary eyed. I can sympathize with both sides in this situation. I understand Adama's rage/sadness and I understand Starbuck's guilt and sadness. It's still amazing that I actually like Starbuck because she is well...likable. I wonder how this will play out with their relationship in future episodes. I don't expect that this storyline will be over anytime soon. 9.5/10
  • .35 seconds

What is it about military ordinance in this universe that makes it so unstable? lol, and conducive to the plot(whatever that was that went off in the Miniseries to separate Adama with the cylon from the rest of the crew and the drone in this episode). I guess it only really bugged me because it didn't even seem necessary, flight school is something that they would need pretty badly even without losing 13 pilots. I'll chalk it up to God playing favorites.

The scene between Starbuck and Cdr. Adama, when she reveals she passed Zach even though he failed, was well acted on both their parts. Olmos' physical acting was especially impressive, how's he's almost quivering with rage and keeps his lips pursed together as if he's trying to prevent himself from verbally berating her or worse. Definitely my favorite scene of the episode.

The scenes in the Vipers were good, I love the hollow sound their guns make, sort of what you might expect in the vacuum of space.
  • The episode centers around only Starbuck, as many of the characters are thrown completely in the background. We find out more about her and Zack, although most we knew already.

4.8
    Battlestar has had its ups and downs, but one person who seems to bring mroe of the downs has been Starbuck. I can find no sympathy for the character, and feel that the episode based solely around her fell completely flat most of the time. Plus the beggining with the "accident" seemed a bit far fetched and rediculous, and the episode itself was a far cry from the beautiful "Bastille Day" the week before. Almost no mention goes to what has happened earlier in the show, and the only saving grace was the return of the Cylons. I mean, obviously I still reccomend you watch the show and therefore watch this episode, but it was extremely disapointing and does not deliver what you may have come to expect from Battlestar.
  • After a terrible accident on the flight deck, Kara must train a group of nuggets. Kara, however, is still dealing with the loss of Zak, and it is affecting her decisions greatly.

Our first Starbuck episode! I think that alone deserves a 9.5. In all seriousness, though, this episode is BSG at its best. Who would've thought that in only episode 4, we would see a mind-blowing character episode on Kara "Starbuck" Thrace. This episode was just absolutely brilliant. The first part of an emotional 2-parter. Seeing the world through Kara's eyes was great. This episode didn't have a lot of revelations, wasn't action heavy, but the writing was solid, the acting was simply stunning, and with those two combined, it makes for fabulous television. Kara confessing what she did to Admiral Adama was heartwrenching. Oh, man, that was an incredibly tense and fantastic scene! The final space fight was also great, and was a wonderful cliffhanger. Again, only downfall was Craprica. Next episode, that will all change, but for now, can't stand that story! A 9.5/10 episode, near perfect! An A episode, all the way.
  • Revelations for Adama lead some powerful scenes in an occasionally patchy episode

With some more pain for the poor Galactica crew, an accident kills a number of pilots. The mourning is quickly over with, as this is an episode that focuses on Starbuck.

Some of the flashbacks were largely unnecessary, as we know the gist of the story already from previous episodes: Kara passed Zak when she shouldn't have, and he died. However when we delve into flashbacks that explore Kara's relationship with Adama, it gets more interesting.

Probably the best scene is where Adama is aware that something went on but doesn't know what. Olmos's portrayal of Adama is heartbreaking as he softly pushes Kara for information, knowing he fears the worst. His stare as she recounts what she did was so subtle, yet so powerful, and helped deliver a fantastic scene. Equally excellent is his controlled anger, as he orders her to go â€" feeling betrayed by someone he considers a daughter.

It was also interesting to see Kara train the new pilots, particularly as a number of them will be seen throughout the show's run. Needs must, and while they are forced into this situation now the pilots will be essential to the crew as time goes on. It's interesting seeing it all start here.

A couple of things bothered me about the episode. The flash forwards were totally pointless. And the general story of a character holding baggage and releasing felt a little too Star Trek at times.

But small grumbles, it's an otherwise good episode. And with a thrilling end to the episode, it brings to a close part one of the first two-parter of the season.
  • An accident on the hangar deck kills or injures a large number of Galactica's pilots. Adama assigns Kara the job of training new recruits.

When I saw the miniseries I had a hunch that there would be an episode like this. I had wondered why Adama thought so much of Kara and I wanted to know the back story of her and Zak.

Some great background info on how Adama and Kara met. Kara has a lot of guilt surrounding Zak's death and it all comes to the surface here.

It seems to me that this episode highlights that Adama feels closer to Kara than to Lee. It leads to what is one of the most memorable scenes in the series for me. When Kara tells Adama she passed Zak when she shouldn't have-the look on his face says everything and then simply"You should leave this cabin, while you still can." The utter heartbreak on Kara's face is equally as telling.

As an original 78 BSG fan I like that they did an episode that involved finding more pilots. In the original series the galactica pilots all got sick so they trained women pilots. I think this aspect was a nod to the original.
  • Very emotional

Oh.. it was in old good days when I split ER episodes with good when I cry.. and not so good when I do not.. and this episode of BSG really brought me tears - I do not know, was it the image and how the portrayed Starbuck's inner struggle and the painful truth when Commander Adama learns that behind his sons death, it can be said, was Starbuck.. It was just emotionally powerful scene and I am really happy for that.

Also the ending was rather shocking - we had those clips of Starbuck struggeling whit her wiper trought the episode and to the end we learn what happened and on the most important moment we get: to be continues..
  • Don't fence with me, Kara. I love you like a daughter. I don't deserve that.

A freak accident kills 13 pilots, and incipacitates 7 others during a celebration. This loss, Adama did not need, and leaves the fleet dangerously low in the protection arena. Not to mention that these pilots were close friends, and family, in a community that has so little to cling to. The ordeal plummets morale, and for Kara brings back painful memories of the death of her former fiance, and Adama's son, Zac. Through flashback scenes, she remembers her days as a flight instructor, improperly passing Zac for basic flight in her class , lying to him about it when he asks, his resulting death and funeral, and meeting Adama for the first time. She is assigned a new group of flight candidates to train. She is unreasonably hard on them, and washes them out on their first day. Apollo reasons she is doing this because of Zac. Through misunderstanding, Lee let's too much slip to his father, and causes Adama to call Kara on the carpet. In one of the most riveting moments of the series, Starbuck breaks down to him, admitting that her actions caused the death of his son. To have this kind of solid characterization and performances from two actors still very early in a new series, gives credit to the sublime quality on this show. Adama looks at her with murderous rage, barely able to contain himself. He is the only father she has ever known, and she has betrayed his faith in her, and hurt him deeply. The fearless, hard Kara Thrace cowers like a kitten in the face of his fury. He orders her to reinstate the pilots. "Do your job", he hisses, " and walk out of this cabin while you still can". This episode could have been classified as a flashback show, though it's really not. The flashbacks are litterally just flashes, snippets, which help to shine more light on Thrace's character. This is the first episode to concentrate on Starbuck, and there are many more to come. I think she is a facinating character, with Sackhoff, playing her, a great actress. Starbuck is also the character which fans complain about the most. She's a winey punk, using whatever troubled past, or whatever neurosis she's suffering at the time as an excuse for misbehaving... Because she's Adama's pet daughter, or the best pilot, or perhaps, because of events told in this story, Adama lets her get away with far too much. All arguments have some validity, but do not hold much water in the long run. The fact is that Kara, however unbalanced and disaplined is the most facinating character in the show. And I really think that fans dislike of the character comes down to jealousy. Yep. That's right. Wouldn't we all like to be as gung ho, and have an I don't give a frack attitude, and get away with being a maverick, coming away with just a slap on the wrist? It;s especially bothersome to fans because Thrace is so vital to revealing the shape of things to come. Which means for better or worse, she's hear for the long haul, and the fact is...you really cant wait to see what she's going to do next. What she does next is take on, alone, eight Cylon Raiders which jump in during her training of the nuggets. She is looking for a suicide solution. She can't deal, not just for actions regarding Zac's death...but for hurting the old man. She cannot deal with facing him another day, knowing he dosn't love her anymore. Or so she thinks. Her Viper is shot down, and she plummetts toward the moon's surface below....
  • Real Life Issues set in space.

One would think that a sci-fi show would be about killing and special effects. Once again Battlestar Galactica proves otherwise, the storyline just keeps getting better and better. Only one can assume that the plot would have it ups and downs but there are no downs in this episode. If you take away the fact that the show’s setting is in space you would think this would be a good drama show dealing with everyday problems for an everyday human. I like how “green” they make the recruits look in this episode. Civilian pilots being trained to do military tasks is no easy job and they show exactly the little things that make or break a pilot. And the prospect of cancer is terrifying enough but having restricted help and with no support group clearly shows how some of the world’s population has to deal with such a nightmare.
  • It was kind of a Flashback episode but it was only brief sequence were your saw the past. Even though i dislike Flashback episodes i though the Flashbacks were important in this episode because they revelled more about Starbucks character.

The episodes starts with yet another disaster as most of the Pilots are killed when a missel brakes lose on the flight deck. After evrything the Galacticas been through you think they'd get a little luck. This leaves Starbuck A.K.A. Kara Thrace to train the newbie Pilots somthing which she fines diffucult because the klast Pilot she passed Zak Adama you probably all know who he is so i won't go into detail died because he wasn't qualified to fly but Starbuck passed him because she was in love with him. I though it was a good episode because it showed that theres more to Starbucks character than at first appears for the first two parter i though it was bit iffy at first but easiuly picked its self up with and emoinal story and powerful scenes.
  • Flashbacks in Flashbacks... I luv this stuff since Batmen Bagins... If not this chilish scene with the pilots accident it would be perfect! No Baltar :'(

First the bad thing: The way they showed the accident... those pilots seemed to behave more like kindergarden children and not pilots celebrating... the scene was too long to! But what happend after was as always (to this point, havent seen the rest) over the top. Sturbuck is here in massive char-development, she seems somehow to be unstable, a loose canon, her decisions make it hard to really like the charakter, but she's one of the best in the show. The whole episode seems to hint on what could happen in the next one... a TV version of the Hit "Enemy Mine" with Gosset jr and Quaid. We will see... And by the way, another big bad thing... or maybe the worst: Almost no Baltar, no Nr.6 - these two are my main reason for watching this show... they have the best chemistry... and the acting is great, especially Baltars... I love the guy... Im anyway more into evil or "neutral" chars than the good ones... so I cant wait to see some really char-development on Baltar! Great episode, not the best, but still over top! Cant wait to see what happens next :)
  • The First 'Best' Episode of an Amazing Series, this one sets the bar!

If you're looking for a program that truly fills it's 44 minutes of screen time, look no further. This episode is the epitomy of this phenomenon!

It begins with the horrid tragedy on the flight deck; which in typical BSG fashion perfectly demonstrates the depth of this catastophy for the entire fleet. Obviously lives are changed. And the deep internal moods of many characters are made so clear you can't help but be sucked in for the ride.

Few programs have managed to excel in both the field of action and visual effects, and demonstrate such deep and potent emotion.

From here on out BSG has set a new standard for itself!
  • A great episode.

In this episode, we get to see Starbuck's softer side. Starbuck has a history with Lee's little brother who died in a training accident. That day comes back to haunt her when she washes out nuggets. She might be a tough as nails pilot but when she's not shooting down cylon raiders, we get to see that she's quite human. Seeing the vipers in action in this episode is a real treat. it's the trademark of the show. and galatica is not complete without vipers in action. there's drama in this episode, but a good one, and it's integral to the plot.
  • My personal favorite episode of Battlestar Galactica

\"Walk out of this cabin while you still can.\" The single most powerful line in the series thus far. Edward James Olmos is a true master - watching his face transform as Kara reveals her secret is one of the finest moments of television I\'ve seen in a long while. And it\'s almost matched in the very next episode when Adama explains to Lee just how long he would be willing to search for him.

And there\'s plenty more - Starbuck\'s darkside, the introduction of the nuggets, flashbacks with slightly different hairstyles - this is the stuff of dreams right here.

Then we get to meet everybody\'s favorite hornery old sawbones, Doc Cottle. Lighting up a cigarrette after berating the President for not getting regular cancer screenings was a nice touch, but Donnelly Rhodes hardly needs cute stunts to define his role - he elevates his part far above that of a mere character actor with just a handful of lines.

So, it\'s a good\'n. Lots of feelings and character development and all of that other stuff that has no place in scifi, plus a little action, a little more mystery back on Caprica, and one priceless look of surprise on the face of a very unfortunate Raptor pilot named Flattop.
  • Deeper and deeper into the past lives.

Some more bantering between Starbuck and Apollo, something we haven't really seen since the miniseries. Some really great backstory explained here with Starbuck and Zak Adama.

I feel bad for Flat Top. He nailed a landing and then got himself and a dozen other people blown up. Awesome. I would hate to have a call sign like Hot Dog or Chuckles. I think I would rather throw myself out an airlock than be called 'Hot Dog'.

A step back up from the last episode. Pretty darn near perfect, this episode is. I wonder what's going to end up happening between Kara and Lee now.
  • The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

7.7
    A good episode, and focused on Starbuck, who seems something of a contradiction. Despite her recklessness and bravado, she’s emotionally very open and honest – and rather fragile. She manages to hold on to her secret about her complicity in Zack’s death only until challenged directly, and she can’t easily put aside the guilt to assess the new pilots objectively either.

Was Kara responsible for Zack’s death? Maybe. Probably.

She acted out of self interest, his or her own, in passing him. She took a risk, and believed that she could get away with it. And it failed her badly – he died, and the thread of flash-forward to her fall to the planet connects it to what may well be her own death.

The brief scene with President Roslin reminds me of this theme as well – she too took a risk with her ignored health checkups, for the best of intentions, but it came back to her in the worst way possible. (I find her interest in a cure the doctor seems to regard with a skepticism reserved for healing via telepathy by aliens interesting. She’s previously struck me as remarkably hard headed.)

The whole episode has a theme of neglect, negligence and disobedience. From the inability to find a cart, and the mess preparing the helmet for the 1000 ceremony at the beginning, through the accident itself, through Roslins cancer. Starbucks past mistakes, and her current poor dealings with the recruits.

And speaking of disobedience – hi there, Hotdog.

An army runs on one thing – obedience. Someone explained it to me once – every stupid, humiliating, bizarre thing one might find themselves doing in training, has a simple purpose – to instill the ability to instantly and unquestioningly obey an order.

Starbuck is a reckless, disobedient dare-devil – and they let her get away with it. She can walk away from the card game, just as she can flunk all the recruits. So is Hotdog – the obedience Starbuck herself tried to instill in him in training fails and he takes off for some melodramatic heroics – and it costs him.

The Caprica plotline remains completely disconnected, but in a rather depressing juxtaposition to the Galactica, even a fellow with a well stocked, (and somewhat paranoid, perhaps) well planned fall-out shelter, would seem to have met a poor fate.

On the other hand, it does provide Helo and Boomer with a snack.

Not much plot progression this episode though, and could it be – not one appearance of Number six? Quite a few characters were all but missing, including most of anything passing as comic relief, including Billy, Dualla, Tigh and Baltus.

An unrelievedly grim, guilty episode, focusing tightly on the Starbuck-Apollo-Adama. Not my favorite fare, but nevertheless an episode that managed to toe the line between characters who are interestingly suffering, and those feasting on pure angst.

• Finally Starbuck rules!

I had my doubts when they placed a female in the role, but I take it all back. First why would I want to watch a re-hashed story and characters in the current times (except the effect would be ten times better)? Why would I want to re-live the same old characters?

No reasons. It's refreshing to see a new slant on a series I used to love as a kid. This is speaking from someone that used to watch the episodes on tv as they aired.

A female Starbuck is a great idea. I always though that the old show didnt really play up womens roles. Yes the Pegasas did have a female lead pilot. But she was second streamed once she started one Galactica. She was even religated to being Starbucks's girls.

I like the play between Starbuck and ever single character. The scenes she does with her co-actors are some of the strongest on the series currently. That fight over the pyramid game, excellent. The internal struggle that has lead her to this point is portrayed painstakingly. I can almost feel the remorse and anger she has pent up.

Best line I have to say, Adama says," get out of my office while you still can."

Hoping "Hotdog" becomes more of a character.
  • “Elvis was a hero to most but he never meant s**t to me/Y’see, straight up racist the sucker was simple and plain/Muthaf**k him and John Wayne!”

Who is Dirk Benedict? Really, who the hell is he anyway? To some he's just that guy from The A-Team to others he's the guy from Battlestar Galactica. To others he's just simply WHO? And to some he's become an idol, a symbol of how Battlestar Galactica was and should always be. But does Benedict deserve the worship that many fans have placed on him or has he and his character been over-hyped by angry fans who simply can't accept the idea of a female Starbuck. After all no one was scramming and moaning about Boomer's manhood getting the snip so why are so many up in arms about that cocky little pilot who use to hanged around with Adama's son.

Perhaps because many have a romanticised view of what the Old Starbuck was like. Many remember him as the bold and dashing pilot who would rescue damsels and battle the evil Cylon every week with his best buddy Apollo. And yet when I watch the show now all I see is someone who is nothing more than a one-dimensional stereotype. Let's face facts people the original Starbuck had the emotional depth of a toaster. He was meant to be nothing more than the Han Solo-like character of the series. If only the creators had bothered to give him an actual personality they might have succeeded. His Buck Rogers style persona may have gone down in the 70s but by today's standards he is simply a sexist arrogant twat. Sorry if that might annoy any of you purists out there but it's time to face facts Starbuck was never a classic dashing rouge like Han Solo or Indigo Montoya (and if you don't know who that is, shame on you) simply because there is nothing truly memorable about that character at all.

Moving forward twenty years "Act Of Contrition" is the first episode of this season to focus directly on Lt Kara ‘Starbuck' Thrace and as such it tries to show us who this woman is and what skeletons she has in her closet. As the episode starts we find Starbuck and Apollo in the quarters goofing around getting ready for a party. A raptor pilot has just completed his 1000th flight and the other pilots are getting ready for a celebration. As Starbuck, Apollo and Adama make their way to the flight deck Starbuck tells Apollo a story about the his fathers' younger, cockier days as a pilot. Turns out Adama was a lot like Starbuck when he was young talented yet arrogant. Suddenly the whole shipped is shaken by an explosion in the flight deck. A missile accidentally went off and killed 1000th Raptor Boy and a bunch of other pilots (Bet you saw that coming a mile away). With their numbers almost depleted Adama orders Starbuck to start training new recruits something that has the ghost of Zak Adama jumping out of his grave to haunt Starbuck.

The series is now starting to take ideas and storylines from the original series and rework them with modern thinking and storytelling. And here we have an episode where Starbuck has to train new pilots for the fleet just like in the original. In case you don't remember or never saw it in the first place the original series episode "Lost Planet of The Gods" featured a sub-plot where Adama ordered Starbuck to train some new Viper pilots. Starbuck is not that eager about the idea until he finds out that (shock horror!) all the new pilots are extremely attractive women all willing to learn for Starbuck. Suddenly Starbuck is in his element more less interested in flight technique and more…eh…well you get the idea.

Clichéd, tacky, sexist and truly of its time it was a nowhere idea designed to show what kind of character Starbuck was also showing how desperate the Galactica's situation was ("women as pilots, by the Lords of Kobal we are in trouble"). If you watched it now you will mostly likely have your heads in your hands out of shame because it really is the Original at its 70s-drenched worst. And yet somehow the writers of this show have taken that rather bare bones of that idea, stretched it out added pathos and angst and produce something rather emotional.

Despite a dodgy start and the near-pointless trip to Caprica (Helo and Boomer 2 discover…an empty bomb shelter) this is possibly the best episode since the "33" which I know isn't saying much since this is only the 4th episode of the season. New Starbuck may be a cocky and disobedient prat but as this episode has shown that it is just her way of hiding her true problems and feelings. In the original series everyone went along with Old Starbuck devil may care attitude, today he would get the crap beat out of him. Kara Thrace is a cocky screw up who has, as Tigh has pointed out on more than one occasion, problems being at being a professional. This week her greatest mistake came back to haunt her as Adama finally found out what the truth about Zak's death. Starbuck may act the like she doesn't have a care in the world but when someone like Adama has her corned with nowhere to run she reveals how emotionally vulnerable she really is. And frankly that's why I like her warts and all.

Although she's still not as cute as Boomer.

Good Bits
    -Adama: "Now get out of this office while you still can". The controlled rage in the man's face is worth the price of admission alone.

-From this point on no one should be allowed to use the special effects to defend an episode of Galactica, because not matter how bad that episode may be you just know the effects are going to be fantastic. I don't think space as ever looked this stunning.

-Good Cliffhanger.

-Boomer. Still cute.

Bad Bits
    -The opening sequence is the most contrived piece of television I have ever seen. Those pilots might as well have been wearing red shirts.

-There must be some regulation that all new pilots must be given personality bypasses before sighing up.

-Caprica. What the f**K.