Battlestar Galactica

Episode 0

Battlestar Galactica (2003 Miniseries) - Part 1.0

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Dec 08, 2003 on Syfy

• The hype is immense, but it will take a serious and determined sci-fi fan to get through the first hour of the miniseries.

7.4
    The hype kills this show for me. I rented the first season, which includes the miniseries, and I was forcing myself to keep watching. I stopped the episode short and decided to put Battlestar through the noose.

It's well written, I'll give it that. But the characters are dry and unoriginal (of-course they reek with depth later, but that LATER). I guess you can't go back after watching Firefly. Anyways, nobody cares about what I say in this review seeing as how they're all too busy watching Battlestar. But if you are uninitiated with the series, please, do not blindly buy the first season box-set just because your friends told you to.
  • The Battlestar Galactica is about to be decommissioned, but the Cylons, a race of robots, are about to launch their war against humanity. This introduction is astounding in production quality, rounded out by well written dialogue and sharp acting.

The science fiction world presents a forum for what could be, a portal to the unimaginable filled with mysterious creatures and mind-boggling technology. Escape to far away galaxies tends to be the biggest draw for many great science fiction shows and movies, but the fantasy removes viewers so far from the real world, typically the biggest criticism of the genre is its lack of relevance to our reality. Ronald D. Moore's Battlestar Galactica successfully bridges the gap between the two, presenting us a fantasy which parallels our real world problems.

The main conflict of the story is between humanity and a mechanical race of robots known as cylons. They were created by humans, but after they rebelled against them, they disappeared into the far outer reaches of space for forty years. Their return is the beginning of this story, and we see their sleek chrome fanged minions flanked by a striking blond female, apparently one of twelve models designed to appear human. The sixth version, played with sinister charm by Tricia Helfer, comes in to seduce scientist and genius Gaius Baltar (James Callis), a worker for the colonial defense whose arrogance (and sexual appetite) makes him the perfect target for espionage.

Our protagonists on Galactica are preparing the ship for decommissioning. It is a relic of older technology, with corded phones instead of wireless communicators and computers which look ancient by comparison to our current offerings. This approach is refreshing, as this world presented to us doesn't seem so distant or hard to believe. The characters are well-rounded already, each with their own set of conflicts, presenting the viewer with a seemingly infinite number of sub-plots. Commander William Adama (Edward James Olmos) is confronted by his estranged son Lee (Jamie Bamber), with each one of them having their own unique perspective of the death of the Lee's brother. Starbuck (Katee Sackhoff) has an authority problem, causing a testy exchange with her superior Saul Tigh (Michael Hogan), who happens to have some marital issues and drinking problems. Each actor plays their character with a swagger and confidence, and the situations are written well enough where each moral conflict reveals to be a debatable scenario.

The strength of the story is the complexity of the situations we are presented with, giving the viewer infinite shades of gray. each person's issues can resonate with our own great difficulties in life. Throw that together with the ethereal soundtrack and expressive cinematography, and Battlestar Galactica paints a beautiful picture of a world dealing with complex problems and imminent danger.
  • A promising start..

So, after only heard so much good about this serie I decided it's my turn to watch it and so I took it and with my little sister who have seen some episodes of the serie, and we watched.. To be honest, this part of the miniserie felt somehow little slow.. Ofcourse, I get it.. it's main goal was to build the story, to introduce the chars and give us the idea what it's all about but somehow there were many intriguing parts and then some time when I felt nothing is happening.

So maybe I was expecting little more action but I am sure it comes later.. I am already liking that Cyclon woman.. maybe because she just stands out so much of the other people.. and the whole scene with her and the baby.. intriguing I most say..
  • A great start!

Battlestar Galactica
    Miniseries
    Battlestar Galactica is a reimaginning of the 1978 series of the same name. In a future, the humans live in 12 colonies. The humans created the Cylons, robotic beings, to make life easier. They rebelled and a war was held. An attack was done to the 12 colonies, and the humans joined a fleet of ships lead by Commander William Adama of Battlestar Galactica to the legendary 13nth colony: Earth.

I started watching BSG about a month ago and my impression on it is that it is awesome! The miniseries, considered a backdoor pilot, is an awesome start. The miniseries is great. So awesome and so full of action. If you want to start watching BSG, then start here.
  • Have potencial.

After hearing about this series, i finally decided to see it, even if i am not a good fan of battle in the stars. However I liked Star Wars and Star Trek.

This episode began really slow, since the all purpose is to build the story and to present to us the main cast.

The most interesting story is this gais or whatever, which seems to have a vital importance to this series, that Cylon woman was a interesing character also.

Inside the Galactica, the only character that seems interesting is Starbuck.

Even with the slow pace, this series have some potencial to be a great series.
  • Can't they just air one regular EPISODE! of Battlestar Galactica without the Razor Series?. And I don't like this show because I have my reasons #1 Every single episode is a flashback episode. #2 Too Much Romance. #3 Worst Sci Fi series current on tv.

1.1
    I watched this show two or three times and I was very disappointed when I saw it because I though it would be something better than it is now. The reason I rated this show and episode 1.1 the 1 beside 1 to the right that means theirs hope for me left to start liking this show. Thank heavens I'm a Trekkie instead of a Battlestar Galactica fan (No Offense). So I though the storyline and storyboard was made by a trainee that just walked through the door and their is too much romance and it's not a Sci Fi show when it has too much romance even Star Trek did not have that much romance. I give this show two thumbs down.
  • The perfect Sci-Fi drama for the post 9/11 world...begins.

When the miniseries premiered it was in two parts. However, this site has broken down each hour seperately. Batllestar Galactica is a complex show. As I stated in my summary overview, what the show is really about is the people. The more you know about them, the more you care what happens to them, making the action, when it kicks in, all the better and more thrilling. This hour, the first in a two hour showing, concentrates on setting up this world and the characters. This is war. Most of these people, friends and foes, are in it for the long haul. Some of them, even many backround characters, have essential parts to play as the four season long story will unfold. Some, as in any war, will not survive. Just sit back and get to know this world and it's people. The galactica, the last battlestar from the days of the original cylon war which ended 40 years ago, is to be de-comissioned, and is being converted to a museum. The last commander, William Adama, has run his ship just as tightly as if the war was still going on. He is much loved and respected by his crew. On the eve of the ceramony, his deck crew presents him with a present, his old Mark 2 Viper which was lost 40 years earlier..completely refurbished like new. Kara Thrace, call sign Starbuck, is the finest pilot on the ship. She is also the most undissaplined pilot on the ship. She get's thrown in the bring for punching out the ships exo during a card game. On the crew's home planet of caprica, Laura Roslin, Secretary of Education recieves some bad news. She has terminal breast cancer. Shortly after this she climbs aboard her transport to head to Galactica to attend the ceremony. Back on Caprica, Gaius Baltar, head of the sciences department and deleloper of the Colonial defences is paid a visit by his girlfriend, a tall slender, sensual blonde woman, who has been working with Dr. Baltar on the defence mainframe. She is a Cylon, one of the 12 human type models designed to infiltate the humanoid culture. Commander Adama's son, Lee Adama, call sign Apollo, has been shanghied into participating in the ceremony. He has not spoken with his father for two years, since the funeral of his brother Zac. When they do meet again for a PR photo op, it's not a pleasant scene. Back on Caprica, the Cylon known as Number Six, explains the shocking truth to Baltar. he has been an instrument for her mission, and humanities children are coming home...today. A patrol from Galactica runs into two raiders, who imobilize the Vipers like throwing a switch, then lauch several missles, destroying them. Aboard a nearby raptor ship. Lt. Sharon Valleri, call sign Boomer and Lt Karl Agathon, call sign Helo, manage to get away, and head toward Caprica. As Laura Roslin leaves Galactica, following the ceremony, escorted by Apollo, the Cylons attack the colonies, bombarding Caprica with nuclear bombs and destroying the fleet. As Adama readies himself to settle in for the night, he is called from the bridge. He is read a message... ...Attention all colonial units: Cylon attack underway. This is not a drill.
  • Pilot Episodes or Major Motion Film Take your pick.

I was hesitant on watching a show that was redone from an earlier generation. I thought I would compare the two too much on the differences. I was totally wrong on thinking it took the same approach as its predecessor. The choices for who was cast for what role was almost perfect. The use of nukes and computer viruses updated the series nicely. I also like the approach on how Earth is used as a motivation not a destination. The use of thrusters as gravity in space is almost like watching the space shuttle dock with the space station in real life. The intelligence reports with pictures from the first series was a nice touch.
  • So it begins

So here we are, at the very beginning of what has since turned out to be one of the finest science fiction productions ever made. Here in the pilot we can see the foundations being laid expertly with the care and quality that we'll come to see over the next eighty or so episodes.

What is so special about this part of the epilogue/pilot (the 44 minute part that I'm reviewing) is that it is almost entirely character based, with very little plot development at all. Indeed, with the exception of the fantastic opening and the climactic ending, what you have in between is a solid forty minutes of characterisation that sets up the series aptly, and is partly the reason why Battlestar Galactica has become as engaging as it has over the years.

For me at least, this show has and probably always will be something that I watch for the characters. Don't get me wrong, I love the overall plot and the science fiction elements, but when it comes down to what I find strongest about this show in comparison to others, it's the characterisation. During this part of the series' epilogue we are treated to quite a lot, both on an emotionally raw and mandatory historical level. Through the characters we learn of the Cylons (indeed we are told that one of the main characters is a Cylon themselves), the previous wars, between both the humans/Cylons and humans/humans (I especially loved the establishment of Kara and Saul being at each other's necks).

On the subject of bare emotion, with little fabrication, perhaps the greatest example of the show's treatment of such qualities comes through Adama's speech near the closing moments of the episode. During it he questions why humanity even deserve to survive, what makes them worthy of life and of continuing existence when they still live as savages. It's without a doubt not the greatest speech in the history of decommissions, but it's a speech that plays a massive part in the show's overall outlook and direction. Not only will we see the answer to Adama's question unfold before us during the course of the series, but Adama himself will probably end up finding the answer inside himself too.

Another theme that is established is the sacrifice of luxury in order to survive. This is yet another recurring element of the show that gets explored constantly and is indeed perhaps the show's strongest point aside from the character relations. Now it may not be obvious where this comes from during part one of the epilogue, but it comes from the establishment of the fact that there is no form of computer networking aboard Galactica. To Roslin, this seems insane in respect of productivity, and indeed, Adama agrees, but he also knows that during the war, when it came to survival, it was better to do things slow and successfully rather than quickly with bad results.

It is these important factors that are well established so early on in the series' life that gives it a warm sentimental glow, so very important to a show that wants to captivate viewers into more than silly recycled fiction plotlines. However, so much information is fed to us during this first 45 minutes that it begins to get a little slow and hard to follow (at least from what I remember, watching it for the first time, this being my fourth viewing made it very easy) and this is where very little plot development begins to drags the episode down. So, as an episode, it's not perfect, but in retrospect of the entire series, this is an absolutely essential beginning to the saga, regardless of its technical details.
  • Great way to start an awesome series.

When I first got into BSG about a year ago, I almost missed this gem. I didn't know that there was a show before the first season, but luckily my friend told me about it. I'm glad he did, because it is one of my favourite episodes of the whole series. It is a bit slow at times, but it tells the story of the cylon invasion so well, and really sets up what is one of the best shows out there right now. I will admit, it was almost hard to sit through at times (due to the length) But if you're ready to sit down and watch it all, you wont be sorry.
  • Essential viewing for BSG fans. How it all began.

It is strange to watch the mini-series again. So much of the show was built into it and the characters are perfectly drawn right from the start. Some shows (e.g. Friends) has characters which are barely recognisable between the pilot and the series finale.

It is also exciting when you know who the cylons of the future are so you can see the little clues.

The little nods to the 70s show are nice for old time fans but the updated characters snap with modern energy. Especially delightful is Starbuck who should spend more time kicking Apollo's pants. He needs a good slap.

How young does the Chief look! Sweet.

Highly recommended for all BSG fans.
  • I watched this and was absolutely hooked on this show for life!!

I had never watched the series before but saw all the promos for BSG Season 3 and it looked so good I decided to give it a chance. So I watched the Miniseries and my gosh I couldn't breathe it was that good. This is the best episode I have ever seen of any television series ever!! I laughed, I cried, and I couldn't tear my eyes from the screen for one moment. I now own all of the Battlestar Galactica DVDs and I want more. I hope this show goes on for a very long time and that SciFi continues to create kick butt shows like this. In fact, I have starting viewing other SciFi shows and they are the best network on TV. They're FRAKKIN brilliant!!!
  • The Cylons attack the humans after forty years of peace.

I am a fairly new Battlestar Galactica fan. I just started watching it this past summer when I bought season one on DVD and then got cable which included the Scifi channel. The Battlestar Galactica miniseries really is exactly why I watch the show. It was written so well, and very well done all things considered. I was completely hooked on BSG after having watched less than an hour of the miniseries. I enjoyed every minute of it. All of the characters were perfectly cast. Roslin is my #1 favorite character on BSG. Mary McDonnell plays the part so well, and her performance in the miniseries was outstanding. I especially enjoyed the scene where Roslin was being sworn in as president. That's my favorite scene from the entire miniseries. Mary's acting in that scene was so good. After Roslin, my other favorite characters would be Baltar, Lee and Number Six, but I enjoy all of the characters. They all play their parts so well. Since the miniseries is three hours long, I consider it to be a movie, and I currently consider it to be my favorite movie. All in all, both the miniseries and the series as a whole are both really great.
  • I'm writing this in 2006, I watched the first two parts together (I don't know how they were first aired). I wasn't around to see the original show, so I can't compare between versions. It wasn't a bad ep but I think it started a little slow.

I gotta say, I almost suffer the first twenty minutes or so, I only kept watching because now, after the miniserie and the first two seasons I only read good things about this show, so I figured that in some point things were gonna start happening.

Fortunately, I was right. Over the last part, I got really involved and now I want to know what's going to happen next. But if I would've watched this the first time it was aired, I don't know if I would've been so patient. I expect more of a miniseries.

I know that it was a pilot, so there was so much to bring in and not so much time to do it, but still, some scenes felt out of place, even unnecesary. On the other hand, I liked the first look at some of the characters, the effects and the cast. That's the reason of my rate.

Now, I'm looking forward to see the last part of the miniseries and hoping that I become a real fan of the show!
  • Overcoming reservations, beginning of an addiction

I have to admit that I was reluctant to watch the new "Battlestar Galactica." My interest in sci-fi television shows died about the time as Captain Kirk. And then I hear about this new BSG. Best sci-fi show ever, best show on televison, etc. Whatever, these are the same people who though "Enterprise" rocked and were inconsolable when "Firefly" got the ax. And remembering the "Star Wars" inspired cheese of the old series, I had some doubts. Finally, I caved to the pressure and rented the miniseries. To say that I was hooked would be an understatement. Here was a grimy, spandex-less world where actions had real, lasting consequences, belvoed characters could be killed off at the drop of a hat, and bumpy-headed aliens were nowhere to be seen. Throw in some post-9/11 imagery and the inimitable Edward James Olmos, and you've got a show.

The miniseries simply never lets up. Depsite the apocalyptic devastation and stunning space combat scenes, I couldn't help wondering about that poor woman who just learned she has cancer. Who is she? How long will she live? Wasn't she in Dances with Wolves? Geena Davis could learn a few things from Laura Roslin about how to play with the big boys in the rough game of politics. Like Apollo said, the lady's in charge. Olmos and McDonnell are surrounded by a wonderful cast. This Starbuck looks and acts exactly the way I would expect a female ace fighter pilot would act. Baltar - I could almost empathize with the guy. And that's the most frightening sort of villain of all. Apollo is a bit whinier than I would think a hero pilot would be, but nobody's perfect. One theme of the show that struck me was its anti-technological bent. On "Star Trek" it seemed there wasn't a problem that couldn't be fixed with a slight engine modification and a tractor beam. Not only does Galactica lack a tractor beam, they perform navigational calculations by hand and read paper printouts. I bet Adama watches Betamax, too. The miniseries was enough to convince me: this is the best drama on television.
  • An exciting start for the show.

This introduction is a very engaging episode. The anticipation of the show is so well written that it's watchable and makes you want to see the next. The plot is the reimagining of the original battlestar galactica. It's so entertaining and so exciting, you stop thinking that it takes place in outer space and you just let the story unravel itself. The usage of the present day conflicts on earth as a mirror backdrop of what's happening in the galactica universe is a clever ploy. It heightens the drama that looked old in the original series. This show was updated to appeal to the 21st century viewers and it delivers.
  • I'm sorry to post this but...

3.5
    Maybe I didn't give the new series a fair shake, but I had a disappointed vibe from watching the opening 10 minutes of the show when it aired as a mini-series back in 2003.

You had some gal walk up to a diplomat and it was clear from the start that she was trouble given that she was good looking but couldn't exude any other performance besides that. The action shortly afterwards didn't have any plot twists or really pull me into the series.

Then there's the basic tour of Galactica, and seeing Edward James-Olmos was a good idea, but it confused me as to what time period this was with respect to the original series. Was this meant to be a remake or a sequel?

I'm not sure how this could attract someone like me who's seen a handful of the original series and was curious for a fresh return of the show. I'm sure the regular TV episodes will draw in the viewers with its character development and storyline, and someday I'll give it a chance again.
  • The Cylons attack

Fantastic way to start a fantastic show.

The humans created life, Cylons who have become intelligent and are now killing all humans. When the war ended the Cylons began to build a better Cylon, one that looks like a human.

We see a blond woman who is a Cylon, we witness a very disturbing scene of her killing a little baby. She is also with a man, who thanks to him the worlds are getting destroyed.

Meanwhile on the BG ship, they get attacked Cylons kill a bunch of them and shoot the ship. There is also another ship with a woman named Laura, the president has died so from now on she is in charge. She is the new president but not everyone seems to agree with her.

The feeling of this mini-movie episode was amazing. It captured everything so well and it makes me feel like I was in space running from Cylons.
    The scene of Shannon and Hello going to one of the worlds and only being able to pick up a few people was surreal, depressing and very sad. One of the people they pick is the guy that let it all happen, he keeps seeing the woman in his head as well. Hello gives his seat for him and stays behind on that planet.

At the end, Lee is together with the president but the Cylons are attacking and it seems like the ship has been destroyed.

The episode was very well filmed, great way of storytelling and amazing acting. The filming was superb and the first episode makes me realise how special this series really is, it has all the layers to make fantastic television.
  • Great start to the series. Good acting, effects, and storyline make this a must watch for any sci-fan. Some *minor gripes about the show though.

I am a first time viewer of the series. I think I held off as long as I did because I was expecting some cheesy show a-la Stargate (though I hear it has grown into its own). This was a great lead-up to the series. I've now finished season 1, and can't wait to start season 2.

There are a couple of things that disappointed me as I was watching the first season. The season didn't have the same eye popping cool factor as the mini-series. For example, when those Cylon droids enter the room, you can’t help but be impressed. And, the introduction of the scary big bird looking Cylon ships followed by the Caprica attack sequence, locked me in as a loyal viewer. The second issue is more of a major annoyance. Why do they need to show summary clips of the show during the intro song? I HATE people giving away plotlines and spoilers before a show. I just close my eyes during the drum roll.
  • A great episode for a new show!!

Probably the best first episode for a new serie!! During all the time I was unable to look somewhere else than my screen! The old show was very good and they did a great job to readapting it with this new version! The cylon are mon cool than these old toaster and the graphics are crazy!! this show is going to make a lot of season!

The canadian crew did a great job with the details, like the ships, city and uniforms, you find everything from the old show and much more! I recommend it to everyone ! Great Episode!
  • The One that started it all

The Episode that started it all , and the one that introduces the characters that we have come to know, shows the events leading up to and including the cylon invasion and poses some very interesting questions about the motives of some of the characters escpecially dr baltar. Intoduces most of the crew and also reveales some interesting information about the soon to be president of the colonies.
  • First of the Two-Part Pilot. The best SCFI-Series for a long time.

What I lack in the pilot is, that there are not so many races and characters as for example in the star treck series. What I also didn't like is the storytelling-part in the beginning of the pilot. Other than that, is a very good pilot with the usual ciffhanger at the end of it. Looked forward to the series.
  • The Miniseries kicked this show off with a bang... a good many of them actually.

The Battlestar Galactica Miniseries was written as the pilot to a new, reimagined, Battlestar Galactica series. It certainly served it's purpose. It was very well written, well acted, and beautiful. The special effects were amazing for cable, and the message was clear and relevant: Don't build things that can rebel against you. The parallels between the events of the miniseries and 9/11 were well designed and thought provoking; In their world, anyone could be a Cylon. In our world, anyone could be a terrorist. All-in-all, this was a very enjoyable begininning to a show that has never been anything short of brilliant.
  • An old favorite is new, again

As a fan of the origal BGS series, I was quite excited that the show was coming back. I was bummed that none of the orginal cast was back, but watched with an open mind.

I was not disappointed. Cylons as humans, man creating the cylons, Starbuck and Boomer as females-GREAT! The chauvanism of the orginal is finally dead. The tone is also darker, grittier, id yoy will. These are humanities last survivors and they are trying to escape and build another society somewhere, anywhere else.
    This episode, the cylons attack
    in Part two humanity makes hard choices and gets on with the task of figuring out, what's next.
  • The Cylons Were Created By Man. “Humanity’s Children Are Returning Home, Today.”

Are You Alive? Prove it.

Battlestar Galatica Part 1 Review by the_cyberleader August 31, 2005

The Cylons Were Created By Man.
    They Were Created To Make Life Easier On The Twelve Colonies.
    And Then The Day Came When The Cylons Decided To Kill Their Masters.
    After A Long And Bloody Struggle, An Armistice Was Declared.
    The Cylons Left For Another World To Call Their Own.
    A Remote Space Station Was Built ….
    ….Where Cylon And Human Could Meet And Maintain Diplomatic Relations.
    Every year, The Colonials Send An Officer.
    The Cylons Send No One.
    No One Has Seen Or Heard From The Cylons In Over Forty Years.

“Are You Alive?” asks Number 6.

“Yes,” answers the Colonel, Boxey’s father.

“Prove It” says Number 6 and proceeds to kiss the Colonel.

“It Has Begun.” The space station is destroyed by the Basestar above it.

“Humanity’s Children Are Returning Home, Today.”

Thus begins this retelling of Battlestar Galatica. The characters and story are so similar and yet so different. The Original Battlestar Galatica was a vast space opera modeled after Star Wars but much cheesier. The miniseries and following show are something quite different. Let me first say I loved the original when I was a kid of thirteen but was embarrassed by it as I grew older. The military characters did not behave like the real thing. If you still love the original, you will hate this one. I even heard Edward James Olmos say that in a TV interview.

Commander Adama is a much more realistic military character. You may or may not like the military, but as an Air Force brat I know Adama rings truer to what a real military leader is like. There is even dysfunction in his family with his estranged son, Captain Lee Adama. I heard one reviewer say that the miniseries had a realistic war feel to it like a documentary. I think this is true. I think the realism is what sets this miniseries and the following series apart for the original. A change at first I was reluctant to accept but eventually I found myself more interested in this series than the original. I taped it several months before I actually set down to watch it all the way through. (I also note that the original airing was over two hours long including commercials. I had to take some commercials out to get it to fit on a two hour tape.)

“Galatica is a reminder of a time when we were so frightened by our enemies that we literally looked backward for protection,” says Aaron Doral, a Cylon model, to a group of reporters. A model that will be revealed by the end of this miniseries. Galatica does not have an integrated network and this is a reason she survives the Cylon attack. This will also play a part later in the series when Galatica has jumped without the Fleet and must integrate their computers to allow them to find the Fleet’s jump coordinates quickly before a Cylon assault on Galatica’s computer network destroys the ship.

As a close friend of mine pointed out, the original may have assumed the Cylons were created by man but in the new series this is stated up front. This draws attention to our present and future problem regarding our machines. At what point is a machine too much like a human? It is asking the question, “what is it to be human?”

A big difference from the original is that the Cylons now can look like us. There are twelve Cylon human models according to Number Six in this episode. It makes the question that much scarier. Now the Cylons can look like us. But it also should be asked how did the Cylons get models into the Fleet. It almost begs the question that there must have been an original Number Six that was actually human. Assuming she was replaced by a Cylon to meet Baltar. But even if there was no human Number Six then what about the others? More on this later.

Yes, a female Starbuck. Just give her a chance. Starbuck is her call sign, as well Lee Adama’s is Apollo. I did not like this change at first but eventually I changed my attitude. She is caustic like the original and also very hot!

Gaius Baltar is much more complex than in the original. A computer genius that unwittingly gave over the Colonial defenses to the Cylons, but as time goes by we find that Baltar is more disconnected from the humanity than John Colicos’ character ever was. Recently it has been revealed there was no Cylon chip implanted his head that allows him to see Number Six, and that he may simply be insane.

Lt. Sharon “Boomer” Valerii in the next part will be revealed to be one of those twelve models of Cylons. She and her other Cylon counterparts are very important to the series.

Chief Petty Officer Tyrol is another important character. He is involved with Boomer here. But like the present military, fraternization between officers and enlisted is unacceptable. This relationship plays an important role in the coming series. I have even heard it rumored that Tyrol may turn out to be a Cylon.

Lt. Karl “Helo” Agathon though a minor character here will play an important role in the series. Look to see him on occupied Caprica.

Laura Roslin is an educator who finds herself as President of the Twelve Colonies. She also has cancer, and this will become a strength for her character.

Billy Keikeya, Roslin’ aide, develops a relationship with Petty Officer Dualla.
    Lt. Gaeta also a minor character here will play a larger role in the series.