Battlestar Galactica

Episode 0

Battlestar Galactica (2003 Miniseries) - Part 2.0

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Dec 10, 2003 on Syfy

• The war is over. And we lost.

What is this storyline about Baltar seeing visions of Number Six, his Cylon seductress in his head? What indeed? A brain chip? Angel of God? Or is he just plain frakin' nuts? So starts the longest lasting mystery in the story, and as of the Third season conclusion, it has not been solved yet. Just go with it. In terms of action and suspense, this is a slow moving segment. However in terms of realistic drama, it is very powerful. Even though everybody has lost just about everything and everyone that was important, the situation leaves little time to lament. Already, hard choices have to be made, and people have to be left behind. The scene in which the decision if made to leave certain ships behind that cannot travel faster than light, leaving whole families, and thousands of civillians behind to die, is almost unbearable to watch. As Lee slowly counts down the jump away, we hear the voices from those ships begging, screaming not to be left behind, the Cylons indeed appear. "I hope you people rot in hell for this!!!", lee and the president hear as the Cylon's launch the missles, and they jump away, knowing that those civillians are most certainly dead within seconds of their departure. And with so little of humanity left. 50 thousand when Roslin, Lee and the fleet finally reach the Galactica. We meet Leoben, the arms dealer philosopher (LOL). Adama, while overseeing the transfer of arms to Galactica, hets trapped with him at the Ragnar station, and the two seek another escape. Along the way, Adama quickly figures the truth...Leoben is a Cylon. With that fact a little known one, I could never figure out how Adama came to that conclusion so fast, but since seeing Razor, I understand. Two plus Two equals four. You will see more of Leoben in the futue. He has a destiny with one of our crew. We find out a revelation about Kara. Just before scouting their escape from the Anchoridge, she confesses to Lee her passing Zac, Adama's dead son, in the flight class where she was instructor. This despite the fact the Zac was never ready to fly, and it killed him. Soon Kara discovers Three Cylon baseships and swarms of Cylon raiders standing between them and escape.