Battlestar Galactica

Black Market

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 27, 2006 on Syfy

7.9
  • This episode simply was bad executed.

***This review details –» this is a "I" perspective, based in what I like and recognize to be good or interesting, this is not a "god" where the guy thinks what he thinks is the true or the "you" perspective where I know what you will like and what you don´t.***

This Black Market situation is well explored in terms of situations that could happens, but seems to me a mere filler and nothing more, even if a commander is dead. Then they decided to do another episode centered, this time in Apollo and my problem is that not only Apollo doesn´t have any interesting plots in the moment, he Is not a very interesting character, but he serves great like a support for some characters or for some situations.

This is why suddenly he is sleeping with a hooker and he have his own drama form the past the he didn´t overcame, this came from nowhere to give meaning to the episode, this girl was not mentioned one single time before. The structure of the episode can come as a joke for some people, but could be worse.

Presentation Phase - » (6/10) not bad,
    Complication Phase - » (5/10) Apollo as a detective, did not combine, poor treatment of the conflict,
    Climax Phase - » (5/10) didn´t see it,
    Ending - » (5/10) predictable and strange,

The black market continues, what they did in this episode was just make Apollo make two conclusions, one about the situation, other about his past, the Storyline is bad executed, the is some things that don´t make sense, like Apollo detective or murderer. For me, this was pure filler.

Details/Progress (To point A to B) -» (6/10) fair,
    Time and Scene Management - » (5/10) or the episode is bad or this is a bad filler,
    Plot Details/Holes- » (3/10) there is no connection between the past and present, But far worse was the existence of a crime syndicate so powerful that it could eliminate the commander of a military vessel so easily (like there is no security) and without consequences.
    Storyline -» (5/10) weak,

Very hard to care for the drama or feel the tension.

Drama - » (5/10) didn´t care,
    Suspense/Tension - » (5/10) poor,

This episode simply was bad executed.