Battlestar Galactica

Blood on the Scales (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 06, 2009 on Syfy

• Thoughtful, fascinating and high-stakes episode.

I had my hopes very high for this episode as the previous one was mind blowing and first it did not looked like it will get the same level as it was taking some slow motion.. but.. It was again - building up the tension, getting it all up to the end and that was powerful.

I really adored the way they showed their message and this one had more than one - first the truth of Zarek. It was sure from the third episode that there will be trouble with that man and it was the culmination - but before that he managed to show something that is really true - the history will be told by those who are left to stand.. and if they had succeeded... the history would have remembered them. It is something we all wish that isn't - that truth is truth but like this episode shows - it is all very subjective.

And then there was the bound of those people. Adama not giving up his believes even if he knew they will kill him. Standing for what he believes. And getting Lampkin involved again in process of justice.

And then those sacrifices they had. I most say I have to wish I had not seen the trailer - that seemed to promised a totally different episode than it was in the end and maybe that was part why I had different result in the end that I expected.. anyway.. sacrifices.. When they shot Anders, oh. That probably one down.. And killing all of those colonial represents.. What were they ready to do to win that.. and it all became so much about anger and hate that they forgot - they were human against human.

Anyway, a brilliant episode with deep thoughts and dark meanings.. and that stunning atmosphere.