Battlestar Galactica

Blood on the Scales (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 06, 2009 on Syfy

• The Colonials finish wasting more human lives in their bloody reckoning.

Finally, the tensions within the Galactica crew have burst out and come to an end in this very moving episode for Felix Gaeta.

Yes, I know that many viewers hate him but as he was one of the most complex and righteous characters in the series, I will stand for his defense during my review.
    As explained in "The Face of the Enemy", Felix was an idealistic, who believed in the wrong people, and whose hope was betrayed many times by Baltar, Number 8, and now Zarek.
    Each time, he thought to see light in them, but refused to see how blind he was.

Adding the loss of his leg (shot down by an ally who releaved later to be a Cylon), you can understand his growing anger and, eventually, madness who led him to put a coup-d'état against the Admiral and the President.
    Gaeta has never been a revolution monger like Zarek, or an opportunist like Baltar. He was just a young and honorable officer who gone crazy after all these sufferings and deceptions.

His final scene with Baltar concluded very well his story "I know who you are, Felix".
    In the end, there are no good revolutions, nor wars, just good people corrupted by butchers.

Now, back with the Cylon Plan ;)