Battlestar Galactica

Blood on the Scales (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 06, 2009 on Syfy

• Ok, does this episode leave most problems answered from the last episode? Yes. But this is why it feels like part 2 of any two part Star Trek Next Generation dual episode. The ominous reset button (minus two characters and a Quorum) struck.

Trust me. I love BSG (all you need do is read my previous reviews to see so). But I was a bit underwhelmed by this episode after the last one brought us to such a peak. I definitely wanted Gaeta and Zarrick (excuse if my spelling is off) to fail but at the end of "Blood on the Scales" the only thing really gained is hopefully a more engaged president, legal counselor, and Starbuck.

There is much good in this episode. There were lots of feel good moments like when Adama retook the ship, when Tigh and Apollo stop Adama's execution, and when Baltar finally begins to get why his life is so empty. The Quorum shooting was a surprise. But the Cylons on the base ship aren't very engaging in this episode, the results all fairly predictable, and unlike so many episodes....this one leaves us with no real questions.

I know I am going against the flow here. Lots of high ratings for this episode. People like action. But action isn't necessarily what makes BSG great in my book.

Until Next Week,