Battlestar Galactica

Blood on the Scales (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 06, 2009 on Syfy

• Why bother?

These last two episodes feel like too much of a waste of time and I felt like the producers/writers were treating the viewers like idiots.

Rebellion - decent idea. Gaeta running it? You've got to be joking.

Rebellion execution - garbage. Rebels who are afraid to shoot and kill any main characters (the important ones to kill!), last second reprieves, Lee and Starbuck saving the day almost single-handedly, rebel marines so weak that they can't escort two unarmed men without being distracted and disarmed by their "Oh, you're making a mistake, marine" chatter. Come on, total crap! The one bit of balls the writers had in having the Quorum executed was badly let down by the rest of the plot. You knew, absolutely knew through both episodes, that none of the main characters were actually in any danger because the writers wouldn't have the balls to follow through with actually killing them off. It makes for very boring and predictable watching.

Adama's march through the ship to reclaim CIC, gaining supporting stragglers as he went, was cringeworthy to watch. Utter cheese.

With only a limited number of episodes left, these two were almost a complete waste of space story-wise, we're just about back to square one. Give us some proper cylon interaction! Move the story forward! Give us a storyline that's believable in that it follows through with it's threat!