Battlestar Galactica

Collaborators

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Oct 27, 2006 on Syfy

• Hopefully the simplistic vengeance-fueled hostility will no longer be a focus after this episode.

6.9
    This episode moved at a slow pace, suggesting that the plot was intended to be suspenseful, but nothing that happened felt particularly exciting or surprising. The threat of execution (for Gaeta and others) did not feel like a dramatic conflict, since it was easy to determine right from wrong, and so I felt like I was waiting for the tribunal to be faced with the negative consequences of their actions and relent, or else to be shut down. I would have liked to see a more compelling conflict than forgiveness versus mindless revenge.

Starbuck's story also left me wanting more. Her actions were characteristically chaotic, but it was more difficult than usual to figure this mercuriality out. Tigh, too, seemed to be spiraling out of control faster than I would expect from someone who made a conscious decision to betray his betrayer wife.

In all, "Collaborators" was a passable episode, but I would like to see more complex challenges for the characters now that they are back on Galactica.