Battlestar Galactica

Colonial Day

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 18, 2005 on Syfy

• A group of Colonial representatives meet on Cloud Nine with President Roslin to determine a Vice President. Tom Zarek immediately gets nominated, and Roslin must work quickly to make sure a terrorist does not become second in command.

This episode is very interesting; I've always been a fan of the political side of Galactica. It was extremely well written, some funny Baltar moments, some great moments at the end, but overall, it was plotted horribly. Who was Roslin's right-hand man, the guy she could always count on? Eh, I don't know, some guy we've never met. We've been following Roslin's story, how do we not know this man!? Seriously!? The whole assassination story was not all that interesting to me. I mean, I get it; Zarek's bad. We didn't need that little subplot. The whole Roslin, Zarek, Baltar, other Colonies feud was much more interesting, in my opinion. And, are we led to believe that Ellen actually killed that man? I don't believe she would; but what else is there to believe? The end with Roslin not announcing the tie-break vote was awesome, and then her just announcing the vice president? Wonderful. The end little party was an excellent coda to the episode. The cliffhanger was also very good, the Caprica story has hit it's stride.

A very good, interesting episode, but boring, senseless subplots and random character actions and just random characters appearing and disappearing pissed me off. 6/10 or a C+. Just a very OKAY episode, nearing good :)