A Battlestar Galactica Community
Syfy (ended 2010)

The Battlestar Galactica franchise is getting yet another chance at life, according to Variety. The newest incarnation of the sci-fi drama will take the form of a feature film written by Jack Paglen (Transcendence) and produced by original series creator Glen Larson; it will apparently serve as a "complete re-imagining" of the BSG story. 

The original Battlestar series aired during the 1978-1979 TV season and was a kitschy space drama starring Lorne Greene, Dirk Benedict, and Richard Hatch. Hatch later starred in the contemporary re-imagining of the series from Ronald D. Moore and David Eick that aired for four seasons on Syfy between 2004 and 2009. Getting its start as a miniseries that aired on the network in 2003, the Syfy version of BSG starred Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, Tricia Helfer, Michael Hogan, James Callis, and Jamie Bamber and explored the lives of the survivors of a nuclear attack by the Cylons, cybernetic creatures invented by man who evolved and eventually rebelled against their creators. The show eventually became one of the most critically adored series of the aughts as it tackled the subjects of science, religion, politics, and the deeply complicated notion of what makes us human. 

Moore and Eick's Battlestar Galactica ultimately spawned the prequel spin-off Caprica, which was canceled after one season, the prequel web series Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome, and two TV movies, Razor and The Plan. But the newest project to resurrect the franchise will not be an extension of the world created by Moore and Eick, but yet another re-imagining of the story. Which begs the question: Do we need another version of Battlestar Galactica? How many times can this story be retold? 

I could make an argument for this film if it were being produced in 2009, soon after the series finale (there was a rumor back then that Bryan Singer was attached to direct such a project) or if existed in the same universe as the 2004 series. The BSG finale that aired in 2009 raised quite a few questions that I'd like to get some definite answers on, and there were plenty of interesting characters who probably deserved more screen time, but this feels like another Hollywood attempt to bleed every last ounce of originality and inspiration from an interesting concept until it looks as barren as the Earth where the remnants of Kara's charred viper were found. 

But since Larson and Paglen didn't consult me on this, if this movie gets off the ground, what would you like to see happen? What would you change this time around? Do you think characters like Apollo and Starbuck will—or should—be featured, or would you prefer to see a new cast of characters? Sound off in the comments!

thekaitling:list:do-you-want-another-version-of-battlestar-galactica/

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/20/2009

Season 4 : Episode 21

211 Comments
Comments (211)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
As a huge sci-fi fan, I would love to see The Galactica hit the big screen. And I would love to see Nathan Fillion take the role of Starbuck, he has the perfect persona to be the cigar smoking, boots and blaster ace pilot......
Flag
I always felled the next battle should be on earth like for some reason the galactica..didn't go into the sun...and maybe pre programmed and drifted near the moon..and the United states finds it...my idea of a story line...
Flag
I'm 44 years old and of course I was a fan of the original first "BSG" tv series, back then in the 80's. It was a time with short special effects (in tv) and this program was amazing - at that time. I really enjoyed it and became "part" of the "BSG" saga...

...but to be honest, I TRULY LOVED the new re-make of the tv series between 2004 & 2009! I think they've got the "BSG" and the Cylons/Humans conflict so amazing, exactly as I was thinking (as child) back in 80s!
And to be more honest, as "Hellin" (Greek) and fan of Erich von Daniken's theory about how may the humanity started (from "Outer Space Gods"), I think this new re-make of "BSG" with Greek-Roman culture/religion/naming and Daniken's theory (as the show eventually ended, in a new "Earth" and helping the local "humans" to upgrade themselves), IS BY FAR THE BEST scenario they could imagine for the "BSG" saga.

Now... for a new "BSG" movie... but NOT BASED on the last tv series - but a new retold (again!) version of the saga... don't know.
I'm not saying "I don't like", but also not saying "I love it". Perhaps it will be like in 2004 when I originally took a seat to watch the new "BSG" tv series and I had in mind the original of the 80's. I didn't regretted it - I LOVED IT more.

Perhaps this new retold would be even better than 2004-2009 version - which I personally loved it and I've watched everything (including "The Plan" & "Razor" and Web-episodes) about... 10-11 times so far!

SO SAY WE ALL!
More+
Flag
Why of why are they not making a film about the time between caprica and bsg???

This was the thing we all wanted to see not another remake of story you will never tell better then they have done already damn it!

Want to see captain Adama progress through the ranks! and also how those religious nut's influence the Cylons

So much original viewing I was getting really excited I might actuallt get see MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Flag
One of the reasons I loved the original BSG was the bigger than life heroes that it portrayed in Apollo and Starbuck, in a kind of space western way with fast draw laser pistols and hotshot dogfighting. While some of that was in the new series, what changed was the line that blurred between the good guys and the bad guys.

The other part I hated was the way the new series dealt with the lost tribe that ended on Earth. The story got kind of muddled and the mystery that was in the original was missing in the new series.

If they remake the series into a film, I hope they continue where the real Starbuck and Apollo from the original left off.
Flag
I would be happy if there is some spinoff of the BSG,maybe origin of the cylons,Original earth,The Kobol war. But i kinda like this crew and i would be more happy if there is even some drama about how did they live after they got on New Earth. I dont know. i just want more,with '04 crew.
Flag
I'm one of the few who hated the newer TV series, so sure, give me another chance to like a good idea by starting fresh.
Flag
I LOVED the 80 version so I never got into the one more resent even though I did watch the first show I never got into it ( a GIRL Starbuck??? hmmm) So I could watch a new version and hope for that 80s love I never got .
Flag
Ron Moore from Portland should write it.
Flag
So few people will get this joke. Well played! I LOL'd.
Flag
I'd like confirmation of what happened to Starbuck, did she end up on the Ship of Light, WTF happened to her exactly.

I got into Caprica, it was a little bit slow paced and then raced off at the speed of light at the end. Probably coz they knew it hadn't been renewed and wanted to finish the story. But it was just getting good when it finished, I thought it was a shame. They should just revive Caprica and cover the original Cylon war.
Flag
Frak :-) Does anyone else use that word? Ever since I watched the 04-09 series I often say Frak instead of the alternative.
Flag
I have been saying FRAK since the 80s version.. really weird to hear it said again now...
Flag
Same here. Also a great way to quickly "sniff out" other BSG/ scifi fans.....cause only they know what the frak you're talking about.
Flag
I have to say that I´m a bit ambivalent towards this... I absolutely loved the 2004-2009 version, and the following movies (Razor, The Plan, Blood and Crome), and I`d love to see more from this wonderful universe. Moreover, as pointed out by KT there´s still some lingering questions about the 2009 finale I´d like to see answered. However, that being said I´m not entirely sure about a reboot of a reboot... As said in the article above, how many times can you tell same story? We all now how the story ends, so there isn´t really anything surprising left. - unless the writers make some significant changes, which would also mean that the original story would be left hanging in the wind, and we most likely end up with another Terminator 3.....

Flag
Well if "The Three Musketeers" is anything to go by, they can and will re-tell the same story dozens of times :-)
Flag
I will watch anything that is science fiction and I will keep watching if I stay interested. They could remake every show ever made 20 times over if they wanted to and I would watch they as long as they keep me interested. Keep it coming TV land!
Flag
This is direct quote from Dirk Benedict's blog from a few years ago:

The creative artists have lost and the Suits have won. Suits. Administrators. Technocrats. Metro-sexual money-men (and women) who create formulas to guarantee profit margins. Because movies and television shows are not made to enlighten or even entertain but simply to make money. They will tell you it is (still) about story and character but all it is really about is efficiency. About The Formula. Because Harvard Business School Technocrats run Hollywood and what Technocrats know is what must be removed from all business is Risk. And I tell you life, real life, is all about risk. I tell you that without risk you have no creativity, no art. I tell you that without risk you have Remakes. You have Charlie’s Angels, The Saint, Mission Impossible, The A-Team (coming soon) Battlestar Galactica. All risk-free brand names, franchises.”

Flag
One thing that drew people to the remake was that the original never properly finished and fans of the original were looking for a resolution. But now that the story has been resolved, there's just not the same interest. Caprica failed to draw enough of an audience to survive past the first season. Blood and Chrome would have been a pilot had the interest been there. I just don't think another retelling of the story would work. Unlike Star Wars, there just isn't room for either a prequel (because almost everyone dies) or a sequel (because once they land on Earth that's it.)

Flag
Without Katee Sackhoff, the new one is dead to me. I'm sure Howard Wolowitz would agree :-)
Flag
Yeh she was brilliant as Starbuck.
Flag
I'm totally behind this.
I loved many things about Syfy version, and I never saw the original series.
However, what started off as an awesome show, just went downhill more and more, until the awful ending. I had managed to stay away from the show until all episodes had aired, giving me the wonderful opportunity to plow through it without ever having to wait for an episode.
But even more of a screw up than the actual overarching mythology was how they abused so many characters. In the End, the only ones I cared for was Athena, Helo and Hera. I really didn't like anyone else, not even Adama and Roslin - they just got colder and more unlikable the longer the show went on - I actually loved them in the beginning.(Although, on a sidenote, I absolutely loathed Kara from the very start, one of the most unlikable characters I've ever seen receieve such praise. It's not that she's complex - she's just a bitch, and I will never understand the love for her.)
And to later learn that they actually thought about killing Athena and Helo off, giving Hera to Baltar(Absolutely hated him, and was quite sad not to see him die.) and Number 6 felt insane.

But there was indeed many other things to love about the show - when it was good it was Really good...I do however not consider the ending to be one of its finer moments..
So, do again, do right.
More+
Flag
This is Larson we're talking about, the guy who complained and hated the SyFy series because it had too much sex and didn't feel as wholesome and moral. What will likely happen is Larson will borrow more Mormon theology, switch all the female roles back to male, and bring back some of the camp.

With that said, I'm perfectly find with them rebooting the series over and over. This is one of those rare shows where it's built into the franchise. Everything happened before, and will happen again. It could be like the Power Rangers, Tenchi Muyo or Gundam of the Sci-fi series.
Flag
I could get behind a reboot of the original. The Syfy version (BSG) may be a great show but it was clearly not canon and was essentially an alternative universe version of the original (a re-imagining rather than a reboot). So for all practical purposes BSG can just be ignored when working off the original. Some BSG fans may not go to see a version that isn't based on BSG, but that's 2-3 million people at best (and not all of them will refuse to go) so in movie terms that's basically nothing.

That being said, I wasn't interested in the re-imaging in BSG, which by all accounts was done very well, so I am not particularly interested in another "complete re-imagining". But my hope is that this re-imagining will be closer to a reboot given the involvement of the original series creator. Having rewatched the original a few years ago I certainly appreciate the risks (it does not age well) but I really would like to see a reboot with better tech, acting, and story (but not as divergent as BSG). Toasters rule.
Flag
Allow me to say it: If Gary Larson was a good writer, he'd be known as one. Reality is, He was just a popularity during a long gone era.

He deserves respect for brainchilding the concept of BSG, but let's all be honest...If Larson was truly a good writer, he'd have had a better career up to now. In reality, he had his era in the sun, & when that era passed, his style simply wasn't enough to have longevity over time.

Personally, I thought the nods within the reboot given to the original paid the proper respect to the source...Even with all its flaws, Larson can't even pretend to compete with the reboot & his new vision it's going to ultimately end in tears for him by release day
Flag
The SyFy series talked a lot about cycles: all this has happened before, and it will happen again sort of things. I'd like to see the edition bridge the gap between the original series and the SyFy series.
Flag
there is no gap between versions they both stand alone & require no bridge whatsoever by any stretch
Flag
So not behind a third reboot. Not sticking on this ship.
Flag
The best way to handle a reimaging without tarnishing previous incarnations is to highlight how in the newer series they tell us how the Human Cylon conflict has happened over and over again the same way(humans create artificial life that get out of control). Use this as a springboard for a new timeline where events unfold the same but with different details and different people.
Flag
The 'hole' William Adama Blood and Chrone sucked!!!!, they should have stuck with Caprica.

A re-imaging will be good with new actors, hopefully they make it edgy and give it to good writers.
Flag
Big Fan of BSG. Loved both but the older version I watched when I was a kid. I rewatch again when I was a teenager. I would still say I prefer Ronald D Moore updated version so I was thinking it would be great if it was an extension of his series but now that I know it is not, I just wonder if we would want another movie which might spoil it for the fans.
Flag
Staff
Toaster Lovers!

Would love it as an extension of the SyFy series. Of Course Apollo+Starbuck would need to be front and center.
Flag
The original BSG was entertaining, but it was just one of many Star Wars ripoffs that were so prominent in the late 70s - I put Buck Rogers in that same category. BSG just happened to get legs and have a bit of longevity than the others.

Moore's BSG on the other hand was truly visionary. Frankly it made the original look like a Saturday morning cartoon.

I hope this new reboot leans more to Moore's vision than Larson's.
Flag
Battlestar Galactica was a pretty good show. But it kind of wasn't Battlestar Galactica. It was totally different in tone and changed many many things.

If they do make a new version again, I would be all for it provided that they move it a bit closer to the classic show. Maybe not AS cheesy, but certainly not as Dark as New BSG. Oh and: I want my blueish, completely exagerated Turbo-Flametrail back that IMHO made the Original BSG Viper the coolest SciFi-Fighter ever (yep, it's even cooler than an X-Wing). And I want a cool Soundtrack again with a theme I can hum.
Flag
I haven't been able to get the latter BSG's theme song out of my head. I didn't need to know the words (though it was fun finding them, and completely refreshing); the song carried all the sorrow of a lost yesterday and the promise of a new tomorrow.

Perfect, imho.
Flag
I came here thinking hell yes, but after reading the story I am thinking hell no.

Flag
If I can imagine a really cool movie based on the Battlestar Galactica idea, completely apart from the Moore/Eick version, maybe Larson can do the same and successfully create it.
So yeah, why not? A different, delightful addition, a universal masterpiece, a terrible fail on all fronts and epic flop - everything is possible...
The spiderman comparison springs to mind but isn't quite accurate in my view - it's not another series BSG but a movie and I'm interested in what Larson brought to the table that was so different and appealing to the studios to greenlight it.
Flag
Re-imaging of the original series or the syfy reboot?
You don't mess with the classic reboot and needn't bother with the original series. Typical Hollywood money grab attempt. Yawn.
Flag
oh what a pitty - I thought it would be some kind of extension. It is too soon for a re-imagining, and there is not much space for things to happen in the same time line/universe since humanity was supposed to be all enclosed in the Gallactica. If they finally do it, they will have to make it really good.
Flag
I love Ron Moore's version of BSG. Sure it had some problems along the way, but it was one of the best sci fi series ever (imo). I'm not sure I'm interested in a remake by Glen Larson. He was such a jerk about the SyFy series.
Flag
I would like to see more of the William Adama story. The web series was pretty good. I always knew Adama was a bad-ass when he was younger, and we got a taste of that in web series. Can I have some more please!
Flag
What they should do is a film about the cylon ship coming back present day, looking for thier founders etc, that i would watch!
Flag
That would be very interesting.
Flag
I read the title,
my hopes were raised,
I read the post,
my hopes were razed.
Flag

Flag
Please leave BSG alone. It's the best sci fi series ever. Don't ruin it.

So say we all!!!
Flag
I guess ultimately we won't know if it's good or not until it comes out. I'm pretty sure there were a lot of critics to the reboot that ended up being one of the most successful and loved sci-fi series in television history, so again we cannot know. Still, this sounds like a reboot based on the success of the reboot, which usually ends up being a disaster.
Flag
Glen Larson can suck a _ _ _ _. He was furious about what Ron Moore and David Eick did to his show (never thought that their show was his show) and always wanted a film to do it his way (without a girl playing 'Starbuck', he really hated that decision the entire time and Katie had to always defend the character in interviews to fans and to that a-hole). Remember the rumors of Justin Timberlake as 'Starbuck' that were floating around when Bryan Singer was attached to direct this crap? Stop hating Ron Moore's version Glen and STFU. You had a long busy career in the 80's and your time has expired. This pile of crap is going to blow up just like the 'Knight Rider' remake did - another of your brilliant ideas. Sit down you whiney bitch and bask in past success 'cause if this bullsh!t idea were to succeed, he'll try to remake his 'Magnum P.I.' next without the 'stache. JUST STOP!!!!
Flag
He should re-make: manimal and automan. However, if we are to be honest both the original BSG and New BSG were monkey fucking footballs on ice!!! Moore tried to make it seem real and gritty and than by episode 3 he said screw that idea way too hard and by the time it got episode 10 he was oh yeah let's steal from Star Wars--Glen did it! Glen started off stealing from Tora, Tora, Tora and wound up by the end of the pilot movie with Disco Inferno... The season went down hill rapidly as well.
Flag
I like the remake better than you did. The mini series and first two seasons were the strongest. Having the first cylon you see in the remake mini-series be a Canadian supermodel that could act (Tricia Helfer) caught my attention from the first scene because Larson never conceived/wrote a female part that wasn't a stereotype or 'girlfriend' in his entire career. Moore's was something so different. Larson was bitching about it from the get go and never stopped - to this day he's still bitching his idea was better. They got Richard Hatch (not the naked guy from Survivor, the original 'Apollo') to stop his bitching and complaining about the remake by giving him a part (Tom Zarek) which FINALLY made him STFU. One great thing Moore's show did was it brought director Michael Rhymer to people's attention in television. He's working on 'Hannibal' now as a producer and director and doing a great job and that show looks fantastic.
Flag
I disagree with you on Moore having some great vision. If you re-watch the mini-series you see that Moore couldn't even bother to maintain the same story about the Traceability Of the Jump Drive. At one point Lee Adama says Jump Technology is totally untraceable and then in the next breath Leoben Conoy in Ragnar Station claims he wants an Untraceable Jump Drive equipped ship. Tell me this if you have a technology that is already untraceable in nature. How do you make an untraceable system of an already untraceable system?

Glen A. Larson is a total hack. He created a career out taking ideas popular on the big screen simplifying them and turning into low budget TV. He is the Roger Corman of Television.

Michael Rhymer has about much talent for filmmaking as I do for being pleasant.

Flag
If they're not gonna do blood and chrome, which was a perfectly fantastic premise for a series, then why should a remake get picked up??
Flag
I love Ronald D Moore's BSG and would love a follow up film to the series finale. However, I'm interested to see how they can retell this story for a third time.
Flag
Has nobody got any fresh ideas? It seems all US TV is either remaking "foreign" TV programmes or replaying old US ones. FFS, give us something new.
Flag
there are fresh & brilliant ideas pitched everyday, problem is, studios are first & foremost a business who are out to make as big a profit as possible. That's why they go out of their way to revisit things that have already proven profitable in the past.

Never confuse the creativity within the industry with the industry itself.
Flag
Fair enough. I suppose the real question is "where are the investors who have the vision to take a risk on creative people?". However, the symptoms remain the same, we're left with a constant menu of rehashed formulaic mush.
Flag
Not just TV... Movies are just the same with nothing but remakes.
Even computer games are at a stand still doing the same stuff over and over again.
Flag
The only way this would work for me would be if it was set in the future of "Earth 2", maybe even with faux-Baltar and faux-6 guiding the next wave of 'cylons' on their search for their new 'colonies', or something like that. A complete re-imagining so soon... and of something so good... sigh...
Flag
In my opinion, this looks more like Greg Larson's attempt to prove he had a better vision over the story than Ronald D. Moore. As mentioned below, Larson didn't have much input over the reimagined series, so he probably wants to show what he had in mind. As a result, I think what we'll get is an alternative remake of the original series, rather than a remake of the 2004-2009 series. Given how kitchy the original show was, however, I think Larson will have a lot to prove, so I don't have my hopes up.

At any rate, I agree that it may be a little bit too soon to have another take on the Battlestar Galactica universe. The example with Spider-Man is a very good one, as it didn't really contribute more, and it felt only as milking the franchise for money. I enjoyed a lot the reimagined BSG, as well as Caprica and the Blood & Chrome web series, but I just don't feel any anticipation to the Larsen project.
Flag
no thanks! I never saw the original, but I watched the Syfy version (even though aruond season 3 and 4 is drastically dropped in quality IMO).. tried watching Caprica but I just hated the way they had Alessandra Torresani on screen one second and then they showed her character as the Cylon the other. pick one or the other to show! but yeah, what is the purpose of the movie? there is no way they can tell this whole story in just one movie and even if they do, I don't see how any of it won't be just a re-enactment of the series, we've seen it all before even if they have new characters all together.
Flag
I knew that something like this was going to happen sooner or later.
Flag
I'm not interested in another remake. I enjoyed the 2004 re-imagined series and I think that should be it for a while. I know they also did the Caprica spin-off and I'd actually rather see them make a movie about what happened after the series finale with that show.

I just don't think it's been long enough to do another re-make. The original BSG happened back in 1978 - and I watched the first episode of it and it just felt old, outdated and had terrible special effects and I didn't bother to continue.

The re-imagnized series doesn't feel old at all. It doesn't feel outdated or cheesy. Now if it gets to the point where that is the case (the the original series is now) than they maybe could consider re-making it.
Flag
I liked the re-imagined BSG. Few shows have been willing to combine Christianity with SciFi. It was refreshing and well done... at least until they made Starbuck whiney.
Flag
I have no opinion about this. Total antipathy. There is nothing precious about BSG at this point, and the finale of the modern BSG really kinda threw it into a state where it was vulnerable to a remake. And unlike Star Trek, there aren't any grand ideas behind BSG that can be sacrificed to the gods of the big stupid screen.

There really isn't any originality in BSG to begin with, it borrowed heavily from sources such as Wagon Train to Star Wars to the Mormon faith, it wasn't clever or original enough to warrant a claim of "bleed[ing] every last ounce of originality and inspiration" from the concept. Ron Moore brought that to a zenith anyway.

That said, the timing of this is a lot like the remake of Spider-Man, you might want to wait at least a little longer before going there again, it's not really been long enough for the last one to leave the zeitgeist.

I don't really care one way or another, if they make a good-looking movie I might be there (and I don't mean shiny effects, that's been done). If they don't try to cram the whole trip to Earth into a single 2 hour film, I could see that working. Larson likely won't address anything from the Ron Moore version, so we'll never know what the hell was up with Kara being an angel or something, but that's probably for the best.

But if this film were to star Col. Tigh from the reimagined series, I'd so be there! Frakkin' A!
More+
Flag
I meant apathy, not antipathy. *headdesk*
Flag
Staff
I would buy 10 tickets to a Tigh movie.
Flag
You're motherfrakkin' right!
Flag
I wish there was a way to triple like a post... The original is so overrated it's absurd.

There really wasn't anything original about it, it had plot holes that you could send entire fleets through, plots that went nowhere, plots that came out of nowhere (and not in a good way) and it spawned one of the most amazingly annoying fanboy following cult that still tries to defend this rubbish as being a brilliant masterpiece that was so carefully thought out in advance even though the writers admitted that half the stuff was completely made out of their you know what as they went along that very day.

As for Spiderman, I think it's more of a business decision. If I recall, Sony had the rights to it because Marvel gave it away (long before they realized the cash cow for the Avengers) so unless they were bringing out more movies they would lose the right.
Flag
Yeah, the original was cute fare with special effects above the show's level because they took ILMers and their designs to Universal, but it wasn't glorious or anything, it was repetitive TV fare, it was maybe a shade better than Buck Rogers but lasted less. It was embarrassing to have Richard Hatch continuously whip fans into a frenzy for sequels he wanted to make that would never happen.

The Sci-Fi Channel remake started amazingly and lost a little steam but mostly held up until "big ideas" overtook the story, but it still wasn't the end-all be-all. I liked the series until it got to making everybody a frakkin' toaster, then it was ok but a bit of a mess.
Flag
I was watching the season four season premier of Homicide: Life on the Street the other night, and at the beginning, Meldrick and Munch were talking about the future of TV and what was coming down the road. It was pretty on the money for 1995, and then at the end, Bolander (Ned Beatty) who had been listening, said, "I sure wish they'd bring back Hawaii Five-Oh.
Flag
No Jack Lord, no Hawaii Five-O.
Flag
I'm pretty sure that wasn't my point there JT, but nice try anyway.
Flag
It was MY point. I hate the new show, Jack Lord is the driving force behind the series, without that type of actor it's just generic.
Flag
You wouldn't watch a show starring the corpse of Jack Lord? It can act probably twice as well as Scott Caan.
Flag
Your point is taken. it's pretty bad, though It's not that bad. It fills the void, sort of, during March Madness and the Olympics, and they do the theme song twice. And if we're lucky, somewhere along the line Masi Oki might learn how to act--but I doubt it. My point was, be careful what you wish for.
Flag
I'm all for a new story set in the same world but I really hope it is not just a movie version of the show, ie. the cylons coming and the humans escaping and running for their lives but with a new cast and fancier graphics. Which lets face it is probably what they will do.

Flag
did you read the story at all, it's another re-imagining, which means it won't be in the same universe.
Flag
I got that it was a re-imagining. I just meant that I hope they don't tell the same story but just in movie form. The cylons destroying the last of humanity and the humans fleeing across the galaxy looking for the 13th colony. It would be interesting to see them do something different, like set it earlier in the war with the cylons.
Flag
the problem is them fleeing the cylons and trying to find earth IS the BSG story (as it has been in the original and the 2004 series).
Flag
Movies dont have graphics.They are called special effects.
Flag
& yet most special effects in movies now are just CGI graphics...so even though the popular term is special effects, "graphics" works just as well in a pinch
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members