Battlestar Galactica

Crossroads, Part 1

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 18, 2007 on Syfy

• Better than last week, but the father vs. son conflict has been played to death in previous seasons!!!

5.8
    The writers of this show really need to give Lee Adama something new to do on this show. The father vs. son dynamic has already been played to death during the first two seasons. It seems forced at this point. I give kudos to both Jaimie Bamber and Edward James Olmos for their stellar acting, but stellar acting can only go so far to sell a shoddy idea. Lee betraying Rosalyn just seems like a stretch to me. Why? To get back at his Dad? Is he 13? And didn't he side with Rosalyn in the second season? I just don't buy that he would do that to her.

Nice to see the Cylons make a reappearance though. You remember them, perhaps? You know, the robots that destroyed the twelve colonies! Haven't seen or really heard much about them for the last 6 episodes.

As always, Colonel Tigh was fantastic. I liked the weird tripped out business with him (and presumably) others hearing music. Perhaps the Cylons left something behind in Tigh's brain? It was also nice to see Dualla finally give Lee a piece of her mind. She was strangely absent from last week's episode.