Battlestar Galactica

Crossroads, Part 1

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 18, 2007 on Syfy

• Starting to lose faith in show's ability to save itself.

4.7
    Was there much point to BSG last night? The trial was...well, rather boring, except for Colonel Tigh's testimony. And Baltar being seen as divine? Please. Will we find out why there was this sudden shift from his being viewed as a political revolutionary to his being a demigod? I hope so. That definitely needs an explanation.

I also hope that the dream sequence from the beginning ties in with the second half of the episode next week. Cuz it really didn't figure in last night.

Um, what the hell are they doing to Apollo? First of all, he's like a cardboard cutout (ie, bland and lifeless). Second, he quit as CAG? Out of character, even with his feelings about not being trusted by his superior and father. He's bouncing from job to job like a pinball. And if he's starting to go to the dark side for a reason, tell us what it is!

Are they ramping up Adama to be a drunk? Why are they bringing back the president's cancer? Why did Lee betray Laura? Why does she feel "so sorry for him right now?" Excess drama alert!!

I feel like they're wasting all these formerly excellent character developments by reducing the characters to stereotypes and stock fillers. This show deserves WAY better than that--and darn it, *used to be* way better than that.

I would love to know more about how Lee is doing with is loss of Kara, but apparently that's too much emotional development. Sigh.

Does anyone else think the name Romo Lampkin sounds like it should denote either a clown, a cartoon character or an adventure hero from the 40s?

Can't 100% figure out where they're going with the music. My first thought was that, a la the movie Contact, it would end up being radio wave transmissions from Earth, indicating they're getting close to it. But I don't know. That would be kind of a rip-off, but at the same time cool. Mostly a rip-off, though.

I miss Starbuck! *sniffle*