Battlestar Galactica

Crossroads, Part 1

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 18, 2007 on Syfy

• Helo: "Weather's changing, Felix. We need to be ready for it. There's a storm coming.”

It's Law and Order: Galactica style this week. And anything Galactica style means a helluva lot of drama.

Lee is making me mad. The only reason he took Baltar's case is to disobey his father. You don't take on a client you know is guilty for “justice” or to support the system. Dee has a point. He's helping a murderer walk free and that's not right.

Lee's cross-examination with Roslin had me cringing, especially when Roslin begged him to stop. The kamala is not impairing Roslin's ability to lead the fleet, or her credibility where the trial is concerned. Lee knows that.

The Adama father/son conflict is escalating quickly. Lee stepped down as CAG, and Adama called Lee a coward and a liar. Adama's fury was somewhat understandable, as Lee blatantly hurt two of the people Adama's closest to. Lee was just doing his job, though, and Roslin is on drugs and Tigh is an alcoholic; that’s not Lee's fault. Maybe I would sympathize with Lee if he wasn't protecting someone so despicable.

Good opening dream sequence. What was it supposed to symbolize? That even though Roslin and Boomer will both try and protect Hera, the Cylons will ultimately get to her?

Galactica is only three jumps away from reaching earth; the Cylons are back; there's something strange "in the fraking ship". Things are heating up for the finale. Who are your beats for the final five?

Final Notes and Quotes

- No opening credits this week. Was there not enough time?

- 5, 197 people were lost on New Caprica.

- The imaginary Six and Baltar were back to their manipulative ways this week.

- What was with the music that only Tigh and Anders could hear?

- How did Lampkin know about Ellen?

- Why wasn't Gaeta on the stand? He should be a key witness; he was the vice-president after all. Maybe next week.

- How militaristic of Adama to try and halt the trial for Roslin.

- What's wrong with Tori? She looked like a mess.

- Helo's now XO. He deserves it.

- Is Roslin's cancer truly back? I don't want it to be.

- Lee: "I will not serve under a man who questions my integrity."
    Adama: "And I won't have an officer under my command who doesn't have any."

Final Rating: This was so much better than the last few, that I have a strong urge to give it 4 stars.

- Tim Bronx
    Find this and many more reviews at: www.motionpicturereviews.com