Battlestar Galactica

Daybreak, Part 1 (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 13, 2009 on Syfy

• Well, it was never about battles in space, was it?

In this episode, more than ever before in the series (for me), it was obvious that BSG is not, and never was, about the human-cylon war or space battles, or even finding Earth. It is a drama of a handfull of individuals who persevered through all of the above and are now making their own last stands for their respective people, beliefs, characters, etc.
    You could take this idea and place it in any setting, and genre - we just got lucky that it included all in all probably the best space opera/drama on TV.
    Yes, the flashback may have seemed too much, but to me, it had a calming, back-to-childhood sort of an effect. That is who they were, that is where they came from, this is who they became.
    And from the point of Adama turning in the remembrance room, it was a proud beginning of the end. I honestly had chills with the red line, and moreso with Roslin tagging along.
    To be honest, after this I'm not even looking for a great battle in the last episode, although we will probably get one. I am looking for that last bit of magic, that last flash of brilliance to put humans and cylons on a new course.
    A calm armageddon awaits.