Battlestar Galactica

Daybreak, Part 1 (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 13, 2009 on Syfy

• A good episode. Went back to the beginning and answered some minor character questions and set up the big battle next week.

Some people on here were confused by the flashbacks to new caprica. It was a bookend to the final as they showed the main humans lives on Caprica. Although the answers the flashbacks revealed were not the BIG ones, it answered why Laura got into politics and why it took her so long to love Adama. (losing your whole family would make one fear commitment after all), it also explained how Six wormed her way into Baltar's heart. She was another conquest to him, and that's all, before she gleaned the way to Baltar was through helping his father, who was obviously a pain for him. It also showed how lee met kara. (nothing big in this reveal, I believe it was a treat for the fans and brought back Zac, if only briefly.) It showed Adama doing something in the past, but this episode didn't get to it, maybe next week.

In the present, Baltar also had a large role, as he is confronted again by people's lack of trust and his selfish attitude. Lee brushed off his request for representation by saying it was another one of his ploys for power. And six looked longingly at him when the time came for volunteers. If he stepped over the line, six might have believed he did indeed change. (of course he didn't) Posters on here think he will have a change of heart, but I'm not so sure. We will have to see next week. I believe he may be the only character that survives because he stayed, and he will become leader again, but a better one than the last time as he cares for his people and will realize the sacrifice everyone else made. Just my thought, can't wait for the finale!