Battlestar Galactica

Daybreak, Part 1 (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 13, 2009 on Syfy

• The bulk of this episode seems to be preparing us for Caprica versus concluding Galactica. Nevertheless, interesting to see our primaries in their lives prior to the Cylon attacks.

I can't say this was the most exciting episode and never would guess this was the penultimate episode (if we can count next week as a single episode). But it was entertaining nevertheless.

The Good:
    -- The presidents history reveals well why she has always seemed to have a lingering sadness with her.
    -- Glad to see most of the crew commit to the mission.
    -- Glad to see the hall of memories come into the storyline as well.
    -- I loved it when Baltar asks Lee, "So does everything have to revolve around Kara Thrace for you? It seems to.
    -- Glad to see the Galactica will end with a good fight.
    -- I was glad to see a Number Five on the Cylon ship. I wondered if that actor was still under contract.

The Not As Good:
    -- Caprica Six seems to have compassion back on Caprica. Interesting considering what she knows is coming. I watched the miniseries recently just to look at it with a new eye and it's hard to reconcile this one with the one who killed the baby. But that was probably before the writers had developed the storyline.
    -- I totally yawn with the Baltar storyline. Notably, true to form, he doesn't step over the line to join the attack.

The Mysterious:
    -- So what is pre-attack Adama's mission going to be on Caprica?

Looking forward to the finale to learn the storyline but will miss this series.

Until Next Week,