Battlestar Galactica

Daybreak, Part 1 (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 13, 2009 on Syfy

• Basically this is the prelude to the final battle as we figure out where the many of the main characters came from, where they are now and of course where they are going.

This is one of those episodes that's kind of like a funeral. Sometimes you know exactly how you feel about someone or something when it's gone. And sometimes you don't. This episode isn't really an answer to that question. But it goes back to the central point, that even if you don't know what you felt you did feel something.

I felt something in this episode. As they took us back down memory lane to who the characters once were before the nuclear Holocaust and than through that crucible and all of the other battles later they all emerged in a different place. But whether you change or you don't you carry that part of your history as sort of baggage that still formed who you are.

Whether your human or a fracking toaster there were changes along the way. Even the Boomer series which have similarities developed differences. And here all of these various characters now all stand on a ship that if you remember was about to be put in mothballs in the pilot and now it really is being stripped down to it's bare essence.

This is the final journey of the Battleship Gallactica. You can kind of hear the writer a former Star Trek writer in the background narrating. I thought this was a solid set up. I still think they left a little bit too much to the imagination and let us feel what we wanted to feel. You know sometimes the writers have to fracking tell us what to feel too. But, that wouldn't be this show. They actually want you to think sometimes.

I wonder what Gaius Baltar is thinking as he stares at that line. Will he take the cowards way out he has always taken or has he changed too?

I guess as the show comes to a close with the final episode(s)ahead all we can say is meet you on the other side and I can't wait to see what I feel about this show by than.