Battlestar Galactica

Daybreak, Part 2 (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 20, 2009 on Syfy

• Whichever way you chose to end a series, you can't please all the people all of the time, but for me, I found it very satisfying.

I can see there are already a few reviews in the 'don't like' camp, but I think what we need to remember is that we've loved this series because of it's characters, so when their send-off is as poignant as this, I don't understand why some people feel short-changed.

Yes, there a couple of bits which could be minor niggles - eg: leaving themselves essentially undefended with known hostiles still 'out there' etc, but getting hung up on that really doesn't do the show justice.

From the outset, the entire journey has been a leap of faith, and this core principle resonates right through to the final decisions of the fleet to take a clean slate and have faith that the cycle is finally broken.

What this leaves us with is the characters, the heart of the show, finding their individual peace in whatever form that takes, delivered in an at-times-emotional package which gives the series an honourable and fitting send off, and for me as a viewer, ends a journey that I'm glad I went on.