Battlestar Galactica

Daybreak, Part 2 (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 20, 2009 on Syfy

• A great show comes to a close, and so does my blog...

I thought about posting last night, but I've gotten into a rhythm this season with letting the episode marinate in my brain overnight and then posting on Saturday morning. I know a lot of people TiVo shows nowadays (myself included) and end up watching the episode later that night, the next day or the next week, so there isn't a huge rush to get something up.

Was it a great finale? Absolutely. Was I blown away? Not entirely.

Let's start at the beginning (which is always a good place to start) - more flashbacks of life on Caprica. Bill is thinking about retiring and entering the private sector, Roslin has a blind date with a former student, Lee gets to know Kara. Great, let's move on.

Back in the future, Baltar's vision tells him that he will "take mankind's remnants and guide them to their end." Last week, after watching him struggle with the decision in the hanger, I wondered whether or not Gaius would in fact volunteer to go along with the rescue mission. The truth is that it should have been obvious that he would. Creator Ronald D. Moore wasn't about to take one of the main players out of the game in crunch time.

To read the rest...

(Your clicks pay my salary.)