Battlestar Galactica

Daybreak, Part 2 (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 20, 2009 on Syfy

• Next time you watch a show, try to pay attention to what it does best. Don't complain about the lack of answers when the show is profoundly known for not giving answers to questions. But you know what? The finale wasn't about that, it was about goodbyes.

Apparently, according to a number of people, if you liked Battlestar Galactica's Day Break Part 3, you missed the entire point of the show. I feel like this is one giant hypocritcal slap in the face from suspense junkies who were never in it from the beginning, or for the real ride. I mean, have you even watched this show?

Huh? When was this show ever known to answer the questions we seeked? But this is something I want to touch on before I actually review this two parter, I don't know what show you were watching for the last 2 years, but Battlestar was never about the mysteries. And the more and more the writers started to create mysteries in season 3 and 4, the more and more out of touch they became with the show. Drenched in knee deep mythology, and mysteries that probably demanded their own backstories, Kara the harbringer of death (more on that later), the head characters (more on that later), elements of the story that were fascinating, and at the same time, overwhelming in a bad way. What this series essentially did, was make everything right.

Who gives a **** what Kara is? Why do you care so much? If you'd even watched the entire fourth season, you'd notice they pretty much tell you to stop caring about that before these last three episodes. In fact, Gauis Baltar brings it up to everyone on Galactica, even calls her out, and nobody gave a ****. Just like nobody would give a **** if Kara got them all to Earth, why ruin the perfect moment by giving a hokey name to what Kara is or isn't? What difference does it make? They made it to earth!!!. The show was never about frakkin Kara Thrace and her destiny, the more people complain about this, the less I care about their opinion. Did the writers write themselves in a corner? Yes. Thankfully it shouldn't matter in the overall scale, Kara Thrace saved the fleet. Secondly, there's this bull that the finale was bad because God was involved. Well I don't know where to start other than the very beginning wher Baltar was being haunted by a messenger of God, are you kidding me, it's been with the show since the very beginning, when did this become such a big problem? You've been told what Head Six is, and what Head Baltar is, and you've been reaffirmed earlier this season with Anders confirming it. My point isn't that some of you hacks should be more aware of plot developments, my point is.. no wait, that's exactly my point. Did any of you watch the flashbacks? You all complain that this was all apart of God's plan, did you evne get what the flashbacks were about? Lol, they're the exact opposite arguement that God was responsible for everything that just happened. Every single flashback is the specific arguement against the head characters being the main catalyst for all of this, but we're too dense to appreciate the ending.

Anyways, it was a fantastic finale. I got to see the best character moments in the entire series (Lee's speech, Tyrol heading off on his own, and Baltar's farming speech was tragic), with some of the best action sequences ever. Who the frak gives a **** about Kara Thrace and her special destiny? You shouldn't, you never should.